FAST AUTOMATION WORKFLOW + NO 128 PARAMETER LIMIT - VOTE NOW

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.

Do you agree with this idea?

Yes, totally! I t woud save time
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 15

Debrecini

FAST AUTOMATION WORKFLOW + NO 128 PARAMETER LIMIT - VOTE NOW

Post by Debrecini » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:57 pm

PLEASE VOTE ON THE POLL FOR THIS IDEA. IF YOU SELECT NO THEN PLEASE STATE YOUR REASONS

Firstly though I am using version 6 so can anyone tell me if any of this has improved with the newly released version 7 ???

I think a lot could be improved with speed at which you can automate parameters.

Whilst trying to make an evelope to control a vst parameter in either the arrangement page or a clip. For a start this menu of 128 parameters should not be limited. But I also think that it should automatically scroll to the last parameter you tweaked. Or better still...

This should be integrated with a quick workflow into the track on the arrangement page & the clip in session view. A simple right click menu option that lets you create an envelope from the last tweaked control.

Imagine how fast that would be... Tweak, right click, select the option, and just like that you've got an evelope for that desired parameter.

Also when you've got a VST GROUP in the chain and your mapping the 8 macros. I think it should automatically scroll to the last tweaked.

Enabling you to quickly find & map the parameter your looking for. Becuase as soon as you tweak the control it will scroll to and select it.

HOW FAST & EASY WOULD THAT BE :wink:

It would turn automation into a breeze instead of a chore.

ABLETON: If you did this idea, I think it would not only let you catch up to your competitors but it would also beat them hands down for workflow. Which is what Ableton Live is about really so PLEASE, PLEASE, GET IT SORTED.

And to those fellow Live users out there, if you like my idea let it be known.

Thanks
Last edited by Debrecini on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naph

Re: FAST AUTOMATION WORKFLOW

Post by naph » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:38 pm

Firstly though I am using version 6 so can anyone tell me if any of this has improved with the newly released version 7 ???
no, it's still the same
Whilst trying to make an evelope to control a vst parameter in either the arrangement page or a clip. For a start this menu of 128 parameters should not be limited. But I also think that it should automatically scroll to the last parameter you tweaked. Or better still...
-> +1
This is the way it already works with embedded live instruments, so it should do the same also with vst
This should be integrated with a quick workflow into the track on the arrangement page & the clip in session view. A simple right click menu option that lets you create an envelope from the last tweaked control.
just a small deal, i'd be happy if just point 1 would work. Anyway could be handy. fruity loops stile!

Debrecini

Post by Debrecini » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:42 pm

Very handy, if they did point 1 and made every parameter available that would mean one hell of a list to scroll through just to find the one your looking for. As some VST's have thousands of parameters!

So we need a quick way to work with this.

And Live having an emphasis on workflow means they SHOULD incorperate this.

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:01 pm

I agree 100%
Not only does it REALLY REALLY bother me that I cant access all my vst's parameters, but it also bugs the shit out of me that in order to assign midi controls or directly automate something I have to scroll through a big ass list of the parameters to find what I want.

In FL Studio it has a wrapper that has the options to "Automate last tweaked parameter" and "Assign MIDI controller to last tweaked parameter", AND in the piano roll it has the last tweaked parameter and all automated parameters listed in the levels automation box underneath the piano roll (where one would only find volume in ableton).

I would do a backflip and severely injure myself for joy if ableton gave us this basic workflow courtesy.

Debrecini

Post by Debrecini » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:44 pm

Geezus wrote:I would do a backflip and severely injure myself for joy if ableton gave us this basic workflow courtesy.
I'd probably do the same, be a trip to A&E for sure... LOL

I have actually just switched from using FL Studio myself and to be honest that is one of the many reasons I loved it. Nothing else out there has come close to the workflow for automation. Its just so quick & easy.

But there are many things that let FL Studio down such as lack of Automatic Delay Compensation, No Freeze Features and worst of all a pretty lame audio engine. Hence thats why I've just switched to Live.

Come on Ableton we need this one, it would make automation a breeze!

And thinking about this properly.

When mapping a macro instead of what I said up there where it scrolls to the last tweaked. I now think it be best to simply right click the macro itself and have the option to "Map last tweaked" That would be better + faster.

The Producer

Post by The Producer » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:12 pm

+1000000

Hell yes we need this one!

First off, the 128 parameters limit is stupid, no DAW should limit this.

And its such a pain to have to scroll through a list, just to automate one parameter.

PLEASE HURRY WITH THIS ONE ABLETON

tgo

+ 1 !

Post by tgo » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:53 pm

Nice idea Debrecini !
Regards

Debrecini

Post by Debrecini » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:13 pm

Just simply reviving this post to hopefully get new interest in it... Seing as I posted a year ago