Next Live 7.0.2 Beta is online: Live 7.0.2b6!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
posssu

Post by posssu » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:38 pm

mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:Yeah, I dont see how this is an improvement. Totally detracts from the modularity of device chains. If i want to replace the entire chain ill just 'cntrl + A' then delete.then drag a new instrument in.
Yea, precisely what I mean! This is automating an action that's not always wanted.
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live

tricil

Re: Next Live 7.0.2 Beta is online: Live 7.0.2b6!

Post by tricil » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:58 pm

Alex wrote: Improvements

Dropping instruments onto tracks, pads or chains replaces the complete device chain and not only the previous instrument.
are you sure this is an "improvement"
MacBook Pro T7600 / OS X 10.5.7 / Ableton Suite 8.0.2 / Peak Pro XT 6.1.1 / ReMOTE 37SL

tricil

Post by tricil » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:58 pm

oh, glad to see i'm not alone here.
MacBook Pro T7600 / OS X 10.5.7 / Ableton Suite 8.0.2 / Peak Pro XT 6.1.1 / ReMOTE 37SL

philipc

Re: Next Live 7.0.2 Beta is online: Live 7.0.2b6!

Post by philipc » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:09 am

tricil wrote:
Alex wrote: Improvements

Dropping instruments onto tracks, pads or chains replaces the complete device chain and not only the previous instrument.
are you sure this is an "improvement"
I'm sure that its a very bad idea. Please make it optional either via something in preferences or perhaps holding down a key combination when dropping the instrument can determine whether to change the whole chain or not. Bad, bad Abes! Not likey this idea at all.

posssu

Post by posssu » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:07 am

Guys, it seems you can still drag'n drop the instrument without replacing the effects when you drag it to the top of the old instrument to the plugin-devices-view. This change seems only to be when you drag the new instrument on top of the actual track, not the previous plugin in the plugin-view.

This makes it (in my opinion) a bit more acceptable, since when I want to replace an instrument, I always drag it on top of the old instrument and not track (to be honest, I didn't even know how the behaviour would be before this thread, I just assumed incorrectly)
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live

mdk

Post by mdk » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:50 am

i voted for the modifier key, but even if it was back to how it used to be thats fine.

this new seemingly unrequested 'feature' is a rather bizarre choice when ther are 1001 things that people have requested that arent yet dealt with. :?
Pr0k Records - Bandcamp Facebook Twitter

abletoff

Post by abletoff » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:33 pm

Great to see so may people complaining about a feature they mostly (including me) haven't tested!
But if the new behaviour is drag to top track -> change chain and keeps drag to track view -> as before, it can be fine really
Live 9 Suite, audio trackles (several audio tracks that crackle)

slirak

Post by slirak » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:00 pm

abletoff wrote:if the new behaviour is drag to top track -> change chain and keeps drag to track view -> as before, it can be fine really
Drag to track, drag to clip and double click in device browser deletes the chain. Double click in the device browser works as it used to if the hotswap button is enabled however, thank you very much!

Still, I find it counter-intuitive and inconsistent. And uncalled for. If this was a typical Live behaviour, sure, but it isn't. Dropping a new clip on an old one (be it MIDI or Audio), or on its track, doesn't delete the track's audio chain. (Nor should it! Don't get any ideas now Ableton! ;-) ) Dropping a new effect or effects rack on a track or clip doesn't delete the old effects chain. Now wouldn't that be more likely? That I'd want to replace an old effects chain with a new one when I drop a new effect on a track, rather than when I drop an instrument there??

But sure, it's not a showstopper, more of an annoyance. I'm more sad to find that I still experience just as many strange CPU jumps in 7.02b6 as in 7.01.

/Jonas

NOIZE

Post by NOIZE » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:10 pm

WHY No support for the MPD 24?????? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Acidfever

Re: huh?

Post by Acidfever » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:05 pm

"Dropping instruments onto tracks, pads or chains replaces the complete device chain and not only the previous instrument.

Nooo!!! I voted for a modifier key but let the modifier choice be the one replacing the whole device. Default should still be just replacing the instrument IMO!

Acidfever

Post by Acidfever » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:07 pm

posssu wrote:Guys, it seems you can still drag'n drop the instrument without replacing the effects when you drag it to the top of the old instrument to the plugin-devices-view. This change seems only to be when you drag the new instrument on top of the actual track, not the previous plugin in the plugin-view.
Hmm this changes things for me...have nu problem with this functionality......sorry....can't revoke my vote but then again hey....should have read further before i started complaining.

miqueas1

Post by miqueas1 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:15 pm

djgrbs wrote:Anyone know if this fix the Automap for Novation Remote SL Compact and Ableton Live 7?

This is working for me!!! Like It should! At least it works at the moment... LOL

Thanks guys!

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:20 pm

Still waiting to be able to control more than the first 128 parameters on my vsts guys

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:30 pm

NOIZE wrote:WHY No support for the MPD 24?????? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82431

kuniklo

Re: huh?

Post by kuniklo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:35 pm

Acidfever wrote: Nooo!!! I voted for a modifier key but let the modifier choice be the one replacing the whole device. Default should still be just replacing the instrument IMO!
Agreed 100%. This is annoying. Usually I build up effects chains that are as much a part of the sound I want from a track as the instrument. When I replace the instrument I almost always want to keep any effects I have loaded. Please change this back to the way it's worked since version 4. This isn't the kind of thing Ableton should slip in a bugfix point release.