triggers grid for clips

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
NapalmBob

Post by NapalmBob » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:24 am

Hopefully Live will support fully modular routing and MAX-like programming in the future since they own Cycling '74 now. But that still seems a long way off.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:07 pm

sparklepuff wrote:
friend_kami wrote:
mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:From what i understand you want to do, couldnt you just assign the qwerty keys to they clip launcher for each track?
nope. if i assign say 1-9 on my qwerty to tracks 1-9 on scene 1for example, then scroll down to scene two, i want to use 1-9 to launch the clips on scene two, but with live as it is now they will be fixed to scene 1.

i could however assign another 9 keyboard keys to scene two, but that doesnt solve my problem at all. i want a fixed keyboard grid layout, and use that to launch whatever is one my current selected scene, rather then having to assign one keyboard key per clip, and scene.
Fail.

Don't assign them to the clips, you assign them to the track launch button. Then whatever scene you have highlighted, the same QWERTY keys will then launch all respective clips on that scene. I just did it, it works perfect.
what the f...
yeah, it works. i have never noticed that play button there, thanks alot :D
cant remember reading about it either heh.
if you ever come to gothenburg, sweden, ill buy you a beer or two.
you just saved me ALOT of headache O.o