LIVE 7.0.1 missing major feature.. Nudge 'keep' and 'revert'

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
bland_handl

Post by bland_handl » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:36 pm

I'm sure this isn't what you were looking for... but you guys talking about the midi assignments made me check mine & I've just discovered the "Clip Scub Control"

stoked!

drewbixcube

Post by drewbixcube » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:59 am

Just discovered this myself, and I must say it killed my mood. :?
I don't whip out the vinyl very often, so this was really my first run with v7. Anyhow, after I began mixing the first record I was like w... t... f...

So, I checked the manual to see if I was losing my mind, which only added to my angst as the pictures in the manual still reflect the clip offset buttons, but nothing was written...

Luckily I found this thread. All in all, it took me roughly twenty minutes to track down the information I needed in regards to the Options.txt file and initiate the code, but man... are the few of us that still use this feature that old school now? I don't know squat about programming so I won't even attempt to theorize the reasons this feature might have been hidden from us, but it does leave me wondering.

I guess it's time I switched to the global nudge feature...

dr.wackler

Post by dr.wackler » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:45 am

I think I just found out what could have been the reason for Ableton to 'ban' the KEEP/REVERT Offset buttons and the Offset Indicator (the orange dot) to be available only through the Options.txt file: Time Signature Changes.

Scenario: Your Arrange Insert Marker (and thus the playback startpoint) is anywhere after a odd time signature change, but on a full bar (that's x.1.1). Now when you launch clips in session view, the Offset Indicator (the orange dot) will indicate that you have started the clips with an offset, while really you have not. Since this is a wrong indication, it could confuse people.
I guess the reason is that the offset of clip launching is still calculated on the basis of a 'straight' timeline and does not take time signature changes into account. When you perform a 'Capture and Insert Scene' however, the startpoints will be captured correctly - it's just the indication, that's wrong.

This lets me hope, that they are still working on a solution and will not take out that feature completely in future versions of Live. I guess (hope) they just chose to take it out temporarily to not confuse people with the wrong offset indication when working with time signature changes.