lets make some nonsense and post it here.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:06 am

I LOVE IT! perfect example of the kind of fun I'm thinking.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:12 am

hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to mash something out in the evening. in fact I make it my oath that I will post something late tomorrow no matter what!

unless something totally comes up and I don't get a moment to sit at my computer tomorrow (not very likely) but I'm thinking I could bust something out in 10 minutes :)

after all, I gotta contribute to my nonsense thread.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

smutek

Post by smutek » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:09 am

Most def man. Maybe make it a goal to post one a week or something.

I've posted before that music is just a hobby for me, I do graphic design for a living, so bear with me here.

One of the things I've started doing is keeping a "sketch diary" (if you will) - just something that I sketch in everyday. The sketches don't have to have anything to do with anything, it's just a way of brain dumping and outputting latent creativity and ideas. Watercolor, pencil, pen, pastel, whatever.

It's a way to help me keep my brain working. A daily creative exercise.

My point is that what you've posted here, your little idea, is pretty much the same thing just using a different medium, and I think that's really cool. I'm going to start doing it myself, with my music, because I think it will help me with finishing tracks and coming up with ideas.

Sorry for the visual arts reference, just that's how I earn my living and I found it easier to explain it that way.

But yeah, good on ya man, I think it's a fantastic idea!

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:30 am

smutek wrote:My point is that what you've posted here, your little idea, is pretty much the same thing just using a different medium
sorta the same idea yes. but when I sit down on a normal day to do what I'm supposed to be enjoying I find myself very often feeling pressure to make it good. this has increased more and more over the years to the point where I rairly enjoy myself in my studio cause I'm spending my time trying to come up with good ideas fast. so basically I'm saying "f*** that" and deciding that I'm going to make a purpose of going in there with the intent of having fun first and foremost and whatever I make is just fine however it ends up. basically, that whoever I am is ok and that whatever I make is ok no matter if it's "quality" or not. so I was thinking others might enjoy taking part together in saying "we just want to enjoy ourselves for a change" and that somehow since other people are just dinking around for kicks that it might inspire each other to take our music less serious together.

personally, I'm going to bust something out in like 20 minutes when I get the chance and I don't give a fuck if it's good or not it's gonna get posted here. I figure thats a perfect way to kick this off and in the right attitude. I hope it inspires more people to "put some pen to paper" and just go with it and say "it's ok not to make something of greatness"

I have a theory that we'll all start to realise that even these simple dinking around tunes are actually pretty good, and we'll realise that to make good music we don't have to put in some magic we just need to sit down and go.

bicarbone

Post by bicarbone » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:48 am

I made this one specially for this thread :?

condra

Post by condra » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:51 am

bicarbone wrote:I made this one specially for this thread :?
lol fucking cool. i like the rhodes thing.

smutek

Post by smutek » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:54 am

bicarbone wrote:I made this one specially for this thread :?

8O Classic! That's why I'm still running version 5. :wink:

bicarbone

Post by bicarbone » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:55 am

cheers, well what I like most myself is the fan noise of my poorwerbook on the vocals (recorded through the built in mic) 8)

condra

Post by condra » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:13 am

www.condraonline.com/files/iwantyou.mp3

Not my usual stylee. Didn't use any VSTs, just samples. Bit of fun really.

Kool thread BTW

bicarbone

Post by bicarbone » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:42 pm

www.condraonline.com/files/iwantyou.mp3

Not my usual stylee. Didn't use any VSTs, just samples. Bit of fun really.

Kool thread BTW
Eh cool! Sounds like the abrupt end of a party when you've just blown your sound system :o

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:42 pm

http://www.garyboozy.f2s.com/gigtrackdraft.mp3

drums are just looped at the moment, but this has legs i reckon. bassline squelchiness via Massive, the rest just some fun simple keys

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:20 pm

Johnisfaster wrote:
I LOVE IT! perfect example of the kind of fun I'm thinking.
I'm glad to hear that. I'll keep trying to make something once a week; I believe it'll have a great impact on my workflow, mood and creative satisfaction =)

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:21 pm

MrRivaz

Post by MrRivaz » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:25 pm

does it count if i spend an hour on it, but add no effects,and only use the instruments built in sounds?
The Mily Bars Are On Me
myspace.com/mrrivazmusic

MrRivaz

Post by MrRivaz » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:29 pm

garyboozy wrote:http://www.garyboozy.f2s.com/gigtrackdraft.mp3

drums are just looped at the moment, but this has legs i reckon. bassline squelchiness via Massive, the rest just some fun simple keys
i like this as well m8, i have questions but ill pm rather than bog the thread down
The Mily Bars Are On Me
myspace.com/mrrivazmusic