UC33e as a mackie emulation - control (nearly) everything!

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
channelite

Post by channelite » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:03 am

Yes Enigma. Once you download the file, follow the instructions. It's pretty easy. I like the BCR2000 preset #3 the best. Thanks again to xrayfish.

xrayfish

Post by xrayfish » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:58 am

channelite wrote:Yes Enigma. Once you download the file, follow the instructions. It's pretty easy. I like the BCR2000 preset #3 the best. Thanks again to xrayfish.
You're welcome. I know its not perfect but if you look at the Enigma screenshots it should be fairly easy to reprogram it (edit the Enigma file) to customise it to suit your own preferences / workflow.

I've uploaded a zip file of the same thing for those struggling with the mac-only thing

http://www.mediafire.com/?mxnwztmhsns

If you read the accompanying text file you'll know that presets 2 and 4 indeed 'do nothing' in Live - 2 is for Reason and 4 is to control Gearbox (line 6 guitar FX) - that's just how I have it to suit my own preferences. You can easily change this once you get to grips with Enigma - its not that hard once you know what numbers to use. So for instance you could take the bits you like best out of preset 1 and combine with your favourites from preset 3 and maybe save as preset 4. If anyone thinks they have a better layout then why not post it up so we can all benefit?
(and i never claimed it would control 'everything' 8) but it certainly speeds things up for me)

domkane

Post by domkane » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:22 am

without using someone elses template, how do I just assign the numbers on my UC33e to move up, down, left, right and launch selected clip?