Novation Remote SL vst automapping + std Live volume control

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dr.Drane

Novation Remote SL vst automapping + std Live volume control

Post by Dr.Drane » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:28 pm

Anybody knows if it's possible to use automapping with a vst and still let the volume sliders control the volume of the channels in ableton? (now I have to switch from my automapping template to my albeton template manually)

Thanks and greets!

Dr.Drane

Post by Dr.Drane » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:30 pm

Anybody? Pretty please with sugar on top? :-)

Dr.Drane

Post by Dr.Drane » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:07 pm

I will post nudepics of my girlfriend is someone would be so kind to help me out. :-p

tricil

Post by tricil » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:53 pm

in that case, maybe.
MacBook Pro T7600 / OS X 10.5.7 / Ableton Suite 8.0.2 / Peak Pro XT 6.1.1 / ReMOTE 37SL

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:55 pm

Dr.Drane wrote:I will post nudepics of my girlfriend is someone would be so kind to help me out. :-p
I already have those. What else do you have to offer?

Timur

Post by Timur » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:49 pm

Usually you control VSTs via the lefthand side of the Remote SL and the righthand side remains to show/offer the fader controls. So yes it works exactly like you want it. :)

Dr.Drane

Post by Dr.Drane » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:22 am

If you want more I can send you some very special christmas editions nudepics of myself. :-) You like fat nerds going wild on Rudolf?
Timur wrote:Usually you control VSTs via the lefthand side of the Remote SL and the righthand side remains to show/offer the fader controls. So yes it works exactly like you want it. :)
But when I use auto template 38 the vti's seems to use the volume sliders too. They are'nt linked to the ableton controls and I have to switch to template 40 in order to get them to work. :-(

Greets

Maybe I'd have to reinstall the templates to my device...

gavscope

Post by gavscope » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:37 am

Why don't you just select the device as a plugin in live on template 40, everything should be automapped!
Live 7.0.7.
Acer Travelmate 7720G T7500 2 Gig Ram.
Echo Indigo DJ. Remote SL37 + F#$@@$@ useless Axiom 61

Timur

Post by Timur » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:29 am

You need to use template 40 and either click on a device via mouse in Live (it will show a blue hand icon) or use a trick on the Remote to activate plugins mouseless:

Push the Record-Arm button on the Remote twice for a track to activate its first plugin without need for a using the mouse. The lefthand side will show the plugin parameters then.

gavscope

Post by gavscope » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:30 pm

Timur wrote:You need to use template 40 and either click on a device via mouse in Live (it will show a blue hand icon) or use a trick on the Remote to activate plugins mouseless:

Push the Record-Arm button on the Remote twice for a track to activate its first plugin without need for a using the mouse. The lefthand side will show the plugin parameters then.
Thankyou, that is a fantastic trick. Now all they need is to let us scroll through the devices in each track and we have near remote perfection!
Almost there!
This really is the best keyboard, I wish I went straight to this instead of the horrid experience of the brick of an axiom i have!

SMonk

Post by SMonk » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:04 am

gavscope wrote:Why don't you just select the device as a plugin in live on template 40, everything should be automapped!
Unfortunately, the emphasis here is on AUTOmapped. The parameters are just laid out in the arbitrary order the plugin designer put them, rarely with automapping in mind. Would be super-nice to be able to customize this (and also the mapping for some of abletons built in effects...), but it's all hidden in some compiled python script in the ableton folder, i think...

Timur

Post by Timur » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:51 am

Search for my thread where I describe how to use the TEMPO controls on the Remote to control Live's tempo while using Template 40. You can use the very same method to build a mixup of template 40 (righthand side) and template 38 (lefthand side). The main difference between these templates is the Port and Channel being used. You can customize your template to transmit to both Live and the Automap Server at once. But unfortunately I think it can only receive LCD refresh informations from one Port, so you while you can customize the knobs/buttons/faders only the LCD informations of one template can be viewed at a time.

GUY SMILEY

Post by GUY SMILEY » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:10 am

gavscope wrote:
Timur wrote:You need to use template 40 and either click on a device via mouse in Live (it will show a blue hand icon) or use a trick on the Remote to activate plugins mouseless:

Thankyou, that is a fantastic trick. Now all they need is to let us scroll through the devices in each track and we have near remote perfection!
Almost there!
This really is the best keyboard, I wish I went straight to this instead of the horrid experience of the brick of an axiom i have!
yes spot on, i've been looking for a way to do that for ages. in addition to assigning scene scroll button to bottom left pot, it means i don't have to touch the mouse :)

Timur

Post by Timur » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:05 am

What exactly did you assign Guy Smiley? You know that you can change scenes (move up/down) and play scenes via the knobs on the leftmost side of the Remote?

tricil

Post by tricil » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:23 pm

Timur wrote:What exactly did you assign Guy Smiley? You know that you can change scenes (move up/down) and play scenes via the knobs on the leftmost side of the Remote?

there's a number next to the Play/Previous Scene/Next Scene buttons in midi map mode, map it to an encoder and have fun.
MacBook Pro T7600 / OS X 10.5.7 / Ableton Suite 8.0.2 / Peak Pro XT 6.1.1 / ReMOTE 37SL