i'm uninspired...a long dull whiny post.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
feyshay

great suggestions

Post by feyshay » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:07 pm

I will remember this post when I feel like I'm losing passion.
My recommendation would be to learn a new musical instrument, particularly an acoustic one. For example, learn to play an acoustic guitar. At least you will be pursuing further study in music. As you learn the instrument, more ideas will come which will then spark the creativity that is still within you.
Maybe you're reinspired since you posted this originally.

forge

Re: i just couldn't resist

Post by forge » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:29 pm

for all you young Abletonians who have never seen this thread, this is I think perhaps the single greatest and most useful Ableton forum quote of all time, and has been referenced ever since:
spiderprod wrote:i used to have the same problem,one day my boss came to me before a session & asked me how i was,i told him not that good nothing good wants to come out.
he told me that for this kind of problem i just needed a good wank and a big glass of water,i did it & it worked.now everytime something goes wrong with my music i have a wank & a big glass of water.
try it,it's free & it works
I petition that it should be made sticky (providing that doesn't create any unpleasant double entendres 8O )

Marx

Re: i'm uninspired...a long dull whiny post.

Post by Marx » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:24 pm

If ALL of these solutions still don't work you should definitely quit.

trevorc

Post by trevorc » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:05 pm

forge wrote:for all you young Abletonians who have never seen this thread, this is I think perhaps the single greatest and most useful Ableton forum quote of all time, and has been referenced ever since:
spiderprod wrote:i used to have the same problem,one day my boss came to me before a session & asked me how i was,i told him not that good nothing good wants to come out.
he told me that for this kind of problem i just needed a good wank and a big glass of water,i did it & it worked.now everytime something goes wrong with my music i have a wank & a big glass of water.
I petition that it should be made sticky (providing that doesn't create any unpleasant double entendres 8O )
and maybe a video tutorial to support the quote?

'knocking one out with forge' 8O :D

forge

Post by forge » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:13 am

trevorc wrote:
forge wrote:for all you young Abletonians who have never seen this thread, this is I think perhaps the single greatest and most useful Ableton forum quote of all time, and has been referenced ever since:
and maybe a video tutorial to support the quote?

'knocking one out with forge' 8O :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

massiveheadpain

Post by massiveheadpain » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:59 am

I have been through similar roadblocks in my music. I used to be frustrated after spending a day on music and getting nothing accomplished. I realized after a short time that creativity cannot be forced, and that a break was necessary. I had been listening to techno and house music non stop for a couple years, and that sound started to wear me out. I went through my entire itunes library, and deleted any song that I didn't really enjoy. Everything mediocre and below went straight into the trash. Then I stopped listening to techno and house completely for 6 months, and re discovered great music from all kinds of genres. This helped me get some inspiration back. I stopped working on music completely, and spent more time exploring my other creative outlet, which is artwork and photography.

We've all been there, just don't fret on it too much.

jesso

Post by jesso » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:55 am

Take a break from music.
Stop eating junk food.
Read the power of now.
Thats what I did.
Now im full of beans. Have been for a few years now. Life is to short to spend it stagnant.