i'm uninspired...a long dull whiny post.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Squigglefunk UK

Post by Squigglefunk UK » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:56 pm

forge

Post by forge » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:43 am

Squigglefunk UK wrote:Well, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed perusing through all of these sob stories and collective commiseration. Really made me take stock of how fortunate I am with my fully enriched lifestyle and wealth. I've never seen so many whiney-ass loser art-fags and homos in all my days. Shhheeesh. Lemme guess.......you stubbed your toe once at the age of 8 and your mommy didn't kiss it!...everything was downhill from there. Geeezzzz....HIV, depression, suicide, loneliness.....what a bunch of wankers and tossers. Here's a thought...get off your pastey white asses, turn of the computer and stop posting on forums, and stop feeling sorry for yourselfs....maybe actually get a real job. No, wait....that might actually require some physical excertion...sorry...bad idea. :lol:

You know...Darwin's theory on survival of the fittest has never had more relevance than with the lot of you downtrodden creeps. MEN of my calibre will handle spreading seed and making all of the cash while you morons lament your station in life over a pretentious cappuccino, followed by a little pipe sucking session or two. :twisted:

Oh...one other thing...you're probably not cut out for the music business. That's right...I said business....one where there's really no money anymore...at least for those that whip out these endless McTunes made in myriad home-studios that litter the landscape. Besides....everyone wants music for free these days. Feeling better now? Mwahahhahhaha!! :)
I really haven't been wanting to dignify you with an answer, but this one gave me a reply notification and I was forced to read it, and I have to say in reply: I know you are you said you are and no returns.
:P

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:59 am

squigglefunk rules!

k

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:43 am

The weak justify the strong - SquiggleFunk UK graduates from Facist Theory 101 with flying colours. :roll:
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

forge

Post by forge » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:58 am

FaX-01 wrote:The weak justify the strong - SquiggleFunk UK graduates from Facist Theory 101 with flying colours. :roll:
well, you do have to ask your self why someone who thinks:
get off your pastey white asses, turn of the computer and stop posting on forums, and stop feeling sorry for yourselfs....maybe actually get a real job
would be wasting so much of his time pointing out all this wisdom to us. There's clearly not a great deal of intelligence present. He can't even spell yourselves. :lol:

But sad is the fact that we are all even discussing it. Although maybe it's like when a big noisy fly comes in the room and you have to swat it or it will just keep buzzing round your head.

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:59 am

PS : Whiney Homo's ,Art Fags and Tossers - have you been banned from Harmony-Central's OPEN JAM FORUM

I guess your real name is Peter File :roll:
Keep earning that ca$h - you'll need it for your seed spreading sojourns in Manila ,Phuket and Vietnam no doubt 8O :? :lol:
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

DjDEMO

Post by DjDEMO » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:29 pm

I can completely relate. I've also considered giving up myself. I sometimes wonder...Okay, I know I'm not going to make any money off of this, no one is going to hear it, so what am I doing it for anyway? But I usually take a long break then try to come back to it. There was a time when making music was fun and new. I'm hoping that Live will bring that back somewhat. Lately whats happened is I'll sit in my bedroom studio for hours, and literally not be able to come up with ANYTHING. Very frustrating. We'll see.

I agree that entering a Remix contest might be a good way to snap out of it.

Jeff

5dots

Post by 5dots » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:37 pm

totally hippie way of dealing with it, but i like to go out in the woods and read books. i like the feeling of being surrounded by lush, green life. nature's pretty inspiring when you pay attention.

that said, travel is also a great idea. especially if you make field recordings of wherever you're travelling to.

rasputin

Post by rasputin » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:58 pm

aural roberts wrote:My advice for this sort of situation is to do a remix competition. The first thing about these is that there is a definite deadline and this is a good cure for procrastination (to which I myself am highly prone). The second thing is that the samples they give you may suggest ideas that may never have otherwise occured to you. When it's done you can strip out the supplied samples and you may find you have the basis for an original track of your own.
Sorry to remove your craven self-promotion aural! :wink: but your idea is great; in fact one of the most fun things I've done recently is grab all the Sasha Involver pieces and jam them all together in Live. I think the URL is this: http://sasha.m-audio.com I actually finished the piece and am going to submit it. Still plenty of time before the deadline which is I believe 1 November..

P.S. Will check out your work on acidplanet. It does make me feel a bit unclean to go there but there are the occasional gems mixed among the ordure...

best.
r.

saddam whosayin?

Post by saddam whosayin? » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:05 pm

do you guys remember this thing they a call a band?
find someone to co-lab with it - doesnt even neccesarily have to be a musican
( yes dj's and livers are musicans- we covered that already)
just someone whose thought process/taste you like

yeah - and talk mad ish on this forum

bedhead

Post by bedhead » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:57 pm

I produce Drum'n'Bass...been in music biz as a drummer for quite awhile..same question was asked on a DnB board that i frequent...so u can reference the context of my offering:

"These are my homegrown techniques for un locking creative blocks......approach with caution......what works for me may disgust you:

-furious masturbation

-STOP listening to DNB for a week...then pick up yer fave track that got u involved in the first place......and soak it in.

-Listen to rock radio. It fukkin sux. Prove to yerself why it sux...write a track...

-Listen to the worst Aphrodite track.....or Electroclash.......that will piss u off enuff to write about...

-Watch the Much Music Countdown. BARF MUSIC.

-Listen to Coltranes>'A Love Supreme'.....OR 60's period Miles Davis.

-Read a biography of Prince. He has 2 massive vaults of trax....and he records every single night.

-Read the authorized autobiography of Miles Davis.....apply what u read...well except the cocaine use......

-if u a pot smoker...stop getting blunted for a week.....then go back to it. I guarantee u will write something.

-Take DOA off yer favorites list. Really. Do it.

-Do some mushrooms.

-cop a week long speed habit....u will write no matter what.

-take a vacation from yer hometown.

-investigate different songwiting forms......make tracks using them.

-Heartbreak???.....Write breaks.

-write themematically....write conceptually...challenge yer brain.

-remix something. Grab some accapellas and go forth......

OR holla at me on MSN...ill give you a break that i made.....

ummmm thats all i can think of.....

BedHead"

Additionally:pick up a damn instrument and join a frikin band!!

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:08 am

bump for a laugh... old time's sake.

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:38 am

For those that are getting repetitive from too much listening to the same
thing. Heres some stuff that will give you ears a break.

Weather Report
Jaco Pastorius
Dennis Chambers
Victor Wooten
Steve Bailey
Victor Bailey
Stanley Clarke
Marcus Miller
Bela Fleck
Tribal Tech
Scott Henderson
Steve Smith
Gary Willis
Jerry Goodman
Howard Levy
Oteil Burbridge
Larry Coeyell
Frank Gambale
Stu Hamm
Pat Metheny
Dave Weckl
Chick Corea
Gary Burton
Ornette Coleman
Bobby McFerrin
David Jones
John Scofield
Vince Jones
Al Di Meola
John MacLaughin
Paco DeLucia
Omar Hakim
Bill Evans
Wayne Krantz
Jim Beard
John Zorn
Trey Spruance
Tim Rollinson
George Benson
Herbie Hancock
Thelonious Monk
Bob Berg
Charlie Parker
James Morrison
Mike Patton
Miroslav Vitous
Jan Garbarek
Ravi Shankar
Zakir Hussain
Gipsy Kings
Mr Bungle
Roger Waters
Queen
Dire Straits
Tom Waits
Led Zeppelin
Stevie Wonder

oh.... and for the one that suggested Frank Zappa.... amen to that!
Frank will let you know it's time to stop taking yourself seriously and just laugh again.

-Ben

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:40 am

oh looks like I left off......

Ravi Shankar....

Raga are pretty much electronic music structure anyway....

Sure to give you ideas....

oh and movies.....

Gadio Dilo "The Crazy Stranger"
Latcho Drom...

Gypsie movies with *lots* of music that is nothing like what people listen to
week in week out.

-Ben
Last edited by MrYellow on Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

supster

Post by supster » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:41 am

i'll skip reading any of this for now and just say:

if it isnt making you hard, why the fuck are you doing it?

:?:

haha .. simple as that ..

dont think too much

:)
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com