Live 7 REX -> MIDI?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hujib

Live 7 REX -> MIDI?

Post by hujib » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:13 am

It's not very clear from the beta tech specs and videos.. but I'm curious to know if when a MIDI/DRUMTRACK is created from a REX file if it's broken into individual "Simpler" instances or setup as one "Sampler" instance. Perhaps there is an option? I can see wanting "Sampler" for break beat work where I want to apply filters and other internal Sampler parameters to the sound, rather than an effect afterwards.

Jobeo

Post by Jobeo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:41 am

it's sliced into an instance of the drum rack... so yes each slice is on a pad with its own simpler...

i don't see any option for slicing the rex different really its quite basic ya just right click and hit slice to midi...

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:11 am

I can't see a way to slice into a Sampler on it's own. You can't even drag a set of slices into a Sampler.

But you can slice into a Drum Rack with a SAmpler on each chain, instead of SImplers..

Jobeo

Post by Jobeo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 am

as someone mentioned in the other slicer thread it's possible to just convert each simpler into a sampler... although i guess it would be kinda tedious each time ya slice.

seems like something they should implement cause its a bit frustrating working with simpler on the slices... if ya go from one slice to another it forgets your zoom and goes back to the default zoom on the waveform.

with the drumpads as instances of sampler this doesn't happen... ya can jump from pad to pad and it will change the zoom each time...

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:48 am

It'd be nice to just be able to save a sample stack to import into Sampler (if you have it) something like "right click/save slices to folder/import folder to Sampler" Or simply drag the sliced clip into the library whereupon it saves as a folder of samples ready to drop into Sampler or another drum track.

I'm going to be pretty glad of it the way it is though as I don't have Sampler.