The GREAT 128 PARAMETERS CAMPAIGN - Add Support Now :)

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Geezus

Post by Geezus » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:31 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
Naive Teen Idol wrote:Respectfully, I'm not sure I buy that -- if other DAWs don't have this limitation, there's no reason Live should.

As for the Novation Remote SL, there's nothing about it that cripples Live whatsoever -- it uses all of Live's functionality and, for me, pretty flawlessly. It's Live that doesn't use all of the Remote SL's...
Thanks to the automapping that Live has to support for almost every controller, there are further improvements for automapping beyond the capabilities of the remote SL.
So all the rest of us are screwed to get any more flexibility.

You don't have to buy the parameter limit reason. Just chuck 100 Arpeggiators in a Rack and automate a few parameters. You'll be lucky if Live still manages to play an audio clip. Hell, Live will almost freeze when trying to find a parameter from the enormous dropdown list. Believe me, I've tried. My first sequencer rack had close to 6000 devices. (it used 256 pitch plugins for each step, this was before the pitch plugin got improved.)
Sounds like bad programming on Live's end considering the fact that support ALL a plugin's parameters doesn't cripple fruityloops, sonar, project 5, cubase, logic, reaper, or any other DAW out there. Face it, ableton fucking FAILED it and needs to fucking fix it or be left in the dust.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:12 am

Geezus wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:
Naive Teen Idol wrote:Respectfully, I'm not sure I buy that -- if other DAWs don't have this limitation, there's no reason Live should.

As for the Novation Remote SL, there's nothing about it that cripples Live whatsoever -- it uses all of Live's functionality and, for me, pretty flawlessly. It's Live that doesn't use all of the Remote SL's...
Thanks to the automapping that Live has to support for almost every controller, there are further improvements for automapping beyond the capabilities of the remote SL.
So all the rest of us are screwed to get any more flexibility.

You don't have to buy the parameter limit reason. Just chuck 100 Arpeggiators in a Rack and automate a few parameters. You'll be lucky if Live still manages to play an audio clip. Hell, Live will almost freeze when trying to find a parameter from the enormous dropdown list. Believe me, I've tried. My first sequencer rack had close to 6000 devices. (it used 256 pitch plugins for each step, this was before the pitch plugin got improved.)
Sounds like bad programming on Live's end considering the fact that support ALL a plugin's parameters doesn't cripple fruityloops, sonar, project 5, cubase, logic, reaper, or any other DAW out there. Face it, ableton fucking FAILED it and needs to fucking fix it or be left in the dust.
None of those programs you mentioned have something such as the Session view, that is, hundreds of clips that can be triggered any instant.
The point being that a lot of Live's energy is wasted on the fact that its ready for anything.
All the other apps you mentioned have one function, playing from start to end, the computer can anticipate what is coming next and doesn't have to spend energy preparing for any clip to be launched.
Its easy to compare Live to everything else if you don't utilize the differences it has with the other software.

NorvernMonkey

Post by NorvernMonkey » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:56 pm

signed!!
i recently moved from using to ableton for livesets to using it for production and have found this feature lack/bug to be an enormous ballache
why cant i automate a simple thing like the lfo speed in several of my vst's!!!!
if fruity loops can do it then why not ableton!

glamourboy

Post by glamourboy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:41 pm

back to the top little buddy.

alex pardo

Post by alex pardo » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:49 am

Yes please we nedd to automate all the things we like of the plugs not only the 128 thigs "you" like, you only have to make this 128 to be configured manualy by the user.It's so easy! :oops:

mr.adl

Post by mr.adl » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:21 am

What happend! We let this one go back 3 Pages!!

B U M P !

alex pardo

Post by alex pardo » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:27 pm

I think this is one of the most important thing they have to change in ableton.

I think if they only make 28 of the 128 free for the user can select it it was great for all don't you think?

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:28 pm

Always worth a bump of Ye Olde 129 Parametere Threade. Maybe the Abes don't use so many 3rd party plugs ....who knows.
Unless they're thinking of including a 'Hot japanese Office Girl in Glasses, Tight Skirt and Heels' plugin for L8 there's noooooooooo way I'm parting with any cash until this is fixed.

elt.net

Post by elt.net » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:48 pm

bump

mr.adl

Post by mr.adl » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:00 pm

This is getting RIDICULOUS!

blaugruen7

Post by blaugruen7 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:20 am

it is ridiculous.

right after live 7 i got one employer on the phone and he told me that this will be resolved in live 8 FOR SURE.
we will see

mr.adl

Post by mr.adl » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:20 am

blaugruen7 wrote:it is ridiculous.

right after live 7 i got one employer on the phone and he told me that this will be resolved in live 8 FOR SURE.
we will see
Would be reason enough to for me upgrade, even it is a shame we are not getting this for free :evil:

nihad

Post by nihad » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:39 pm

+968498456468469

dc43

Post by dc43 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:31 pm

hoffman2k wrote: None of those programs you mentioned have something such as the Session view, that is, hundreds of clips that can be triggered any instant.
The point being that a lot of Live's energy is wasted on the fact that its ready for anything.
All the other apps you mentioned have one function, playing from start to end, the computer can anticipate what is coming next and doesn't have to spend energy preparing for any clip to be launched.
Its easy to compare Live to everything else if you don't utilize the differences it has with the other software.
I am a programmer and I agree with you. It is different. I have never thought about it, but yes, the session view is one of the main advantages of Live over those other applications.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that this is actually the first time I heard of this automating limit to only first 128 parameters of a VST.

I also want to quote the first post since it is so funny... :)
Fantismo wrote: *flash forward 18 years*

Hey son, whats that program your using?
-- Its Ableton Live XE dad..
Wow, I used to use a version of that years ago.. looks different now. Have they fixed the 128 param..
-- Nope.

Johnny Beat

Post by Johnny Beat » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:39 am

We... Want... More... PARAMETER CONTROLLERS!