loading a long sample into an impulse slot

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
romes

loading a long sample into an impulse slot

Post by romes » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:55 pm

Is there any way to load a longer sample into a slot in impulse. i tried to do this and it just played the very first section of the sample. it seems it is just made for very short drum hits. I know it's primarily for drums, stabs, etc., but just wondering if there is a way to loop a sample using impulse. i read that you could set the decay all the way, but that didn't work.

Michael-SW

Post by Michael-SW » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:28 pm

Change the decay on the slot. Or change the mode to "Gate" and then draw long midi notes.

Ruso

Post by Ruso » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:02 pm

10 sec is the maximum length on impulse.... there is no way to sync it really unless you tune out the tlme parameter which if you have to stretch will add warping type side effects....

what people actually don't realise is that ableton itself is a very good sampler(not any of the devices, the session view).... if you remove launch quantization you can warp a clip any way you want and launch it whenever you want to... and if it's a long sample that's probably the more ideal way of doing it....

I actually started working on a set that's based on this concept where I jam on pads with loops like I would in a sampler but trigger real instruments and synth riffs so on so fourth....