CUBASE / ABLETON AGAIN

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:32 pm

radib wrote:Hu hu, give us the proof.

What if its just the playback/monitoring part of the engine that sounds bad? How to record that without great amount of preparations? When I find time to do so I´d do a parallel recording to test the recording part.

But being honest I just don´t really care. Even if it would be just a placebo. Working in Cubase is more associative, more freely, more chaotic. First it looks not as accessible as Live, but after you got used it brings up the more.
If you didn't care you wouldn't have posted this trollbait. If Cubase suits you better, fine go use it whatever.

But until you post some hard evidence, you are like every other blowhard who complains that Live's sound doesn't tickle their ears in the right way. You sound more like you're bored and trying to start some shit for cheap kicks. :roll:

radib

Post by radib » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:18 pm

No, I´m sure. That I´m too lazy right now to start a more scientific rehearsal means nothing. But some minutes back then I recorded something in Cubase, and wanted to edit it with some effects in live. And even before I changed anything of the file it sounded different in Live as described above.

And NO, I don´t need to provoke, it was just I was surprised myself when being confronted with the difference. It was nice to start with that music making thing in Live, I learned a lot very quick and with lots of fun, didn´t get Cubase back then.

So what, calm down.
Last edited by radib on Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-

"after all it wouldn´t have been possible without the impossible."

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:20 pm

radib wrote:hm? the usual, fuller but not in a sense of clogging. there is more details, less coloring (btw, to me live sounds "yellowwhite". cubase is a slightely darkened red.). it sounds softer and wider. i guess their engine uses a higher internal resolution or at least more differenciated algorithms to make the sound feel less toylike.
you have TWO well respected DAWs to use to test your theories and this is the best you can come up with? this is a really bad, amateurish, unintelligent, bullshit, invalid evaluation of anything audio, you have made the rest of us dumber when we read it.

PLEASE sell both Live and Logic and go use Audacity, it's free. better yet, buy the most expensive DAW you can find and tell people that while they listen to your tunes, that'll make them sound that much better.

do us a favor, don't defend Ableton, I can't imagine the arguments you'd bring to the table only to embarrass the rest of us.

Live isn't perfect but you've found nothing. if you were asked to find a true flaw in Live you'd be unable to find one, and they ARE there, they're there in all DAWs.

sorry to get pissy but this is audio goddamnit, serious stuff!!!

buh-bye

unless you're taking the piss, then I'd suggest that you go download the Ableton skin editor to fix the coloration problem. :P
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:21 pm

Well, then why post your opinion anyway? Would you believe a complete stranger on the internet about anything, just because he says he has a talent? I would't.

chrysalis33rpm

Post by chrysalis33rpm » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:22 pm

^^ @radib

radib

Post by radib » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:23 pm

Tone Deft (as ever) really seems being a genius. Many words, no sense. Logic? Not at all.

Congratz!
Last edited by radib on Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-

radib

Post by radib » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:24 pm

chrysalis33rpm wrote:Well, then why post your opinion anyway? Would you believe a complete stranger on the internet about anything, just because he says he has a talent? I would't.

Hm? It was just an impression, and as I said I have a strong inner connection with Live. So: why not? It´s a little forum, not the Royal Albert Hall on Sunday.
-

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:26 pm

chrysalis33rpm wrote:Well, then why post your opinion anyway? Would you believe a complete stranger on the internet about anything, just because he says he has a talent? I would't.
what amazes me is that guys like this fail to understand that this is a worldwide public forum and there are people reading his posts who WORK in the audio trade, people with incredible skills and understanding of audio (not me, I just know people like that), recording engineers, mastering engineers, audio geeks with PhDs, fulltime musicians, all that. then some kid with $500 worth of monitors thinks he's down. it's a complete lack of humility, extreme ego and a cluelessness of the world around him.

<wow, listen to me, must be monday :lol: >
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:30 pm

radib wrote:Tone Deft (as ever) really seems being a genius. Many words, no sense. Logic? Not at all.

Congratz!
you don't know how to take an audio measurement. it's as simple as that.

In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:32 pm

And the new Cubase Fan Boy is still posting on this forum why? Oh who cares, thank you little [x] for making this furry little turd disappear!
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

radib

Post by radib » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:32 pm

Tone Deft wrote: what amazes me is that guys like this fail to understand that this is a worldwide public forum and there are people reading his posts who WORK in the audio trade, people with incredible skills and understanding of audio (not me, I just know people like that), recording engineers, mastering engineers, audio geeks with PhDs, fulltime musicians, all that.

No, I really would doubt that those experts would hang around here. Hope that don´t smash your dream of self-importance.
-

radib

Post by radib » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:33 pm

Tone Deft wrote: you don't know how to take an audio measurement.

Doubts again. But meanwehile I´d recommend you some new pampers.
-

andydes

Post by andydes » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:50 pm

Several people here have done phase cancellation tests between Live and Cubase. They came out with 0 bits. Complete cancellation.

Now these tests might have been a bit more basic than they could have been, but you said you could tell the difference as soon as you dropped in an audio file. So either you are wrong, or there is something wrong in your set up.

Worth pointing out the last poster I remember raising this issue had to later back track when he found there was something else causing the problem. Warping maybe, I can't remember.

Sorry everyone's being harsh on you, but this issue has come up so often recently that everyone now assumes it's just trolling.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:54 pm

andydes you're being very polite but radib is trolling. if YOU were considering Live vs. Cubase would you do some REAL listening tests and measurements before deciding? would YOU go onto the forum of the DAW you didn't like and post vague criticisms?

I love talking audio, but there's nothing to be had here.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:27 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:oh, i get it, you're a complete twat.

nevermind, carry on then.

cubase is better, let's all switch.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o