***Logic Studio released today-includes new MAINSTAGE

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
glu

***Logic Studio released today-includes new MAINSTAGE

Post by glu » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:48 pm

Apple released Logic Studio today. Logic Studio features Logic Pro 8, and introduces a new live performace application called MainStage. Logic Studio also includes Soundtrack Pro 2, Apple's professional audio post production software; Studio Instruments, made up of 40 pristine quality instruments; Studio Effects, with 80 professional effect plug-ins; a vast Studio Sound Library; and a powerful set of production utilities.
http://www.macrumors.com/

This should be interesting...
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

bigbadotis

Post by bigbadotis » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:04 pm

XSKey-free operation
A simple serial number replaces the USB dongle and lets you make music without the hassle of extraneous hardware.
Sing it from the heavens!

Mainstage looks like it's just for playing virtual instruments, but is still cool. Wow. Lots of improvements and a $500 price drop. Pretty amazing. I might wind up being glad I kept my license after all...

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:44 pm

ker-fuckin splooge.
price drop & no dongle....wowee wee wow, anyone know if students get a discount on this too ?
spreader of butter

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:46 pm

b0unce wrote:ker-fuckin splooge.
price drop & no dongle....wowee wee wow, anyone know if students get a discount on this too ?
10% as usual ;-)

man.. dropping one of the most successful copy protection schemes in the music industry is quite a statement in how agressive they plan to be.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:49 pm

sweetjesus wrote:10%
*squirt*
spreader of butter

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:51 pm

b0unce wrote:
sweetjesus wrote:10%
*squirt*
did you get a Zune?

http://www.zunesphere.com/2006/11/22/sq ... -the-zune/

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:52 pm

sweetjesus wrote:
10% as usual ;-)

man.. dropping one of the most successful copy protection schemes in the music industry is quite a statement in how agressive they plan to be.
As long as you get a Mac to run it on, Apple are OK:)

Man, I saw this list on another forum, by some Apple faithful adding up what they'd spent on Macs over the years. There was a guy who'd bought a Mac II, a Quadra of some sort, a 7100, an 8600, a beige G3, a Sawtooth G4, another G4, a G5 and now a new iMac, I think, all when they were brand spanking new. That's an upgrade cycle of maybe 2 years, which is short, I suppose, but not that short... He'd spent more money on computers than I am like to spend on everything from toilet paper to bears to rent over the course of my entire education...
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

kramerica

Post by kramerica » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:18 pm

noisetonepause wrote:
sweetjesus wrote:
10% as usual ;-)

Man, I saw this list on another forum, by some Apple faithful adding up what they'd spent on Macs over the years. There was a guy who'd bought a Mac II, a Quadra of some sort, a 7100, an 8600, a beige G3, a Sawtooth G4, another G4, a G5 and now a new iMac, I think, all when they were brand spanking new. That's an upgrade cycle of maybe 2 years, which is short, I suppose, but not that short... He'd spent more money on computers than I am like to spend on everything from toilet paper to bears to rent over the course of my entire education...
You've bought bears?!
\,, / (^_^) \,,? /

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:22 pm

kramerica wrote:
noisetonepause wrote:
sweetjesus wrote: 10% as usual ;-)

You've bought bears?!
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=30

roberts post may provide a lil sense of history

Michael-SW

Post by Michael-SW » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:41 pm

I guess there isn't a lot of happy people over att Steinberg and Digidesign HQs tonight...even Ableton HQ might feel a little depression coming on.

The total plug in suite for Logic is completely amazing. Buying all that stuff as stand alone plugs would cost you a fortune.

glu

Post by glu » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:56 pm

Michael-SW wrote:I guess there isn't a lot of happy people over att Steinberg and Digidesign HQs tonight...even Ableton HQ might feel a little depression coming on.

The total plug in suite for Logic is completely amazing. Buying all that stuff as stand alone plugs would cost you a fortune.
word.

Try buying Ableton Live 6, operator, and sampler... how much does that cost now?
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

Michael-SW

Post by Michael-SW » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:01 pm

glu wrote: Try buying Ableton Live 6, operator, and sampler... how much does that cost now?
USD 847. Ouch.

nate_D

Post by nate_D » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:07 pm

Michael-SW wrote:
glu wrote: Try buying Ableton Live 6, operator, and sampler... how much does that cost now?
USD 847. Ouch.
As much as I love Live, I'm gonna pay the 500$ for Logic Studio instead of buying Operator and Sampler. It's only like 150$ difference.
Macbook 2ghz c2d, 2gb ram, osx 10.5.5, live 8.0.8, fw-1884, ms20, x-session, 2xLP

poshook

Post by poshook » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:11 pm

yes,

499,- for new Logic Pro 8 is amazing price and I will change my PC for MacPro

Michael-SW

Post by Michael-SW » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:23 pm

poshook wrote:yes,

499,- for new Logic Pro 8 is amazing price and I will change my PC for MacPro
...and here you have brilliantly summed up the reason why they are selling Logic for USD 500. :D