Clips wont play after uprgrade to 6.0.7

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djZen

Clips wont play after uprgrade to 6.0.7

Post by djZen » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:00 pm

hello Abletonians any feed back on this scenario? These would be native files included in the live pack. They generate no sound at all they simply show that they are processing, however if I play them in 6.0.3 they play fine generating audio.

So I Cant figure this one out. All the clips have WAVs/AIFFs in their native folder in the library so it makes no sense, they appear to not be associating the wav and .aiff with the .asd files, even stranger is some work many do not. Any thoughts on this or has anyone else experienced this?

thanks

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:19 am

are your output meters green or purple? green means the output to the soundcard is set correctly, purple means it's set to an out that's not valid.

djZen

Post by djZen » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:33 am

thanks for the info-

there is only the color of a signal in the audition or preview meter at the lower left corner...bright indigo blue. Ive had issues like this with every upgrade what folder should house all the clip waves in the library, as in is there a specific one I dont get why its not finding the audio files....gota love stuff like ths.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:42 am

the purple I mentioned could be called blue. check your audio settings
options - preferences - audio

lower left corner? you mean at the start of an effect chain? or do you mean lower right?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

djZen

Post by djZen » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:13 pm

I could add a screen shot if I new how...its the lower most strip the audition window...it is however the same color with or without audio. I deleted all the old libraries etc I think I had too manyfiles with the same names and somewithout their audio files yet they all appear to function..etc.i simply deleted all the older library locations and reinstalled, however I lost some of the EIC folders, which is an esy fix they just need to be reinstalled, however the disks are 900 miles away they need to have an online version.

Thanks for the info on the valid/ invalid outputs

PS do you know how too add a tiff screenshot to this message or one like it?

djZen

Post by djZen » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:25 pm

PS its the staus bar

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:27 pm

at this point pics would speak volumes. upload a .jpg or .gif to some web site, then put it into a post like this

(img)www.sharingwebsite.com/wtf/my_screenshot.jpg(/img)

except use [ ] brackets instead of ( ) brackets, if I use [ ] in the example, it wouldn't show up as text.

have you tried resetting your sound card settings in Live's preferences?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

djZen

Post by djZen » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:27 am

hello again
do you mean deleting preferences.cfg(OSX)

I am using the internal sound card for the MAcbook dual core.

I think Ive figured it out , some wav samples are missg like bass detector.wav etc

the kicker is Im not sure what ableton live pack I got it from to begin with ,or it might have come with the EIC discs, most of which I deleted due to size.

Under clips/bass/bass detector--

do you know if those clips come from a live pack? Do some of the live packs expand the basic clips list?

cheers

PS Im Im done messin with Abletons clips! Gonna start makin my own yo! :wink: