Groove quantize in live 6

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Funkstar De Luxe

Post by Funkstar De Luxe » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:59 pm

glamourboy wrote:appreciate the effort, but groove quantizing is still needed. this method is too restricted and i can't change the tempo. groove quantize! bring it!
True, but in the mean time this will have to do me

NativeBreaks

Post by NativeBreaks » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:47 am

glamourboy wrote:appreciate the effort, but groove quantizing is still needed. this method is too restricted and i can't change the tempo. groove quantize! bring it!
exactly. changing tempo isn't really a great way to get user grooves. although, i do appreciate the master/slave feature. But i noticed, that I have to render the loops used for the groove so it's tempo changes to the projects tempo, otherwise the entire song will completely change to the tempo of that original drum loops file.

I think ableton should have user grooves for the scene slots with a midi plugin to insert on the midi/audio tracks that we want grooved. A master control percentage slider/knob would be ideal. Key is, non destructive groove quantizing for Live groove changes. In fact, i'm really confused as to why Ableton doesn't even have a midi quantize plugin. This was a tool I used frequently in Cubase. It gives you the ability to adjust the percentage of quantizing without destroying the original midi data.

User groove quantizing would be so awesome. imagine being able to have several different groove templates for each scene of a session, and being able to crank a knob during a live set, and having all the midi/audio swing to a shifty groove. It would make Live extremely more powerful as a sequencer.

please please ableton. address this issue. been reading in the forums about this one for a few weeks, and haven't found any responses from the Ableton team......

????????????? :cry: