** solution to the moderation issue ** - firefox required

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
forge

Post by forge » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:40 pm

ok - I just added sweetjesus because he is an obvious name I could use to test (no really Shawn, I promise I'll unblock you! :lol: ) as he was last poster on a myspace thread http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62658

I can still see the thread in general but if I click on it he's not there

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:42 pm

djadonis206 wrote:welcome back playa!! and thanks

now if you could just help write a script that will allow me to send blank cd-r's over the internet

I just thought of something - there will of course be a blocked and unblocked group of users - haters and non haters...but that's just the way it is

word

and

peace

adonis!
Thanks dude, and glad to see you posting more...I was missing all the South Park posts for a while :)

You're right, there will be groups of users, but unlike a class or race you were born into, this is something you can control. Be a dick, and you'll be blocked...be cool and you'll be heard. Also, it's up to each individual to decide who to block or not...no one is forcing anything on anyone, which remains consistent with the Ableton non-moderation philosophy.

Now if we can iron out the bugs... :)

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:43 pm

forge wrote:ok - I just added sweetjesus because he is an obvious name I could use to test (no really Shawn, I promise I'll unblock you! :lol: ) as he was last poster on a myspace thread http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62658

hmm, ok, so somehow, it must not be working only for me...let me see what I'm doing wrong...

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:46 pm

funny, now it seems to be working...ok, never mind :)

forge

Post by forge » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:47 pm

nebulae wrote: Be a dick, and you'll be blocked...be cool and you'll be heard.
that's the thing though - someone who is a dick now and then is cool - we all have our moments

the only ones I want to actually block are the ones who consistently offer nothing but shit and misery

forge

Post by forge » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:48 pm

nebulae wrote:
forge wrote:ok - I just added sweetjesus because he is an obvious name I could use to test (no really Shawn, I promise I'll unblock you! :lol: ) as he was last poster on a myspace thread http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62658

hmm, ok, so somehow, it must not be working only for me...let me see what I'm doing wrong...
I'm not sure I was clear - i meant I could still see the thread AND the name sweetjesus was still visible, but in the thread he wasnt there at all

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:54 pm

forge wrote:
forge wrote:
djadonis206 wrote: *ugh, firefox wont let me alt-s GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
there must be an equivalent
Adonis,

the secret forum helper elf that has been feeding me all these magical secrets has just solved this for you as well

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... b&status=4
Oh that secret elf...
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:57 pm

Good to see ya back Neb... Wonder how long til bOunce see's this thread but then again it won't matter... Genius pure genius...
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

forge

Post by forge » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:03 am

cosmosuave wrote:Good to see ya back Neb... Wonder how long til bOunce see's this thread but then again it won't matter... Genius pure genius...
I get the feeling there will be a fallout period where we all have to figure out who is using what new login....but it's so damn easy to add a name :wink:

besides, if this just makes people behave themselves then let them have their new login

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:09 am

who knows and who cares what said "trolls" think - that's the whole point

the thing is they wont block you - they need you to exist which goes back to the original point of this little experiment

they'll just fade away with no one to care about their stupid rants - and sure

they can keep making up log in's to try and get under your skin but as said before

Tools
greasemonkey
manage user script
,'insert ---> troll',

go on with your life
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:09 am

omfg pure genius!!! moderation enough for me.

neb - you had me at shinysack... :D
mad props to you man, don't know how I could be such a douche_bag to the nebbers (err maybe I do :oops:), more self self moderation. but really, you're a class act.

(since I last logged in, my inbox has been at 100%, don't know what I may have missed, sorry for not returning other PMs, didn't mean to blow anyone off, thanks to the ones that did PM.)

this could lead to some amazing misunderstandings and flame wars, but I'll never see them. :lol:

forge

Post by forge » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:13 am

now if anyone knows C# - I have to convert cms to inches and print the result in 10 spaces as a floating point value with 5 decimal places

I dont even know what that last bit means

forge

Post by forge » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:19 am

Tone Deft wrote: (since I last logged in, my inbox has been at 100%, don't know what I may have missed, sorry for not returning other PMs, didn't mean to blow anyone off, thanks to the ones that did PM.)
I just noticed mine was too

what happens - do any missed messages come back once you clear it? or do they get bounced back?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:24 am

forge wrote:
Tone Deft wrote: (since I last logged in, my inbox has been at 100%, don't know what I may have missed, sorry for not returning other PMs, didn't mean to blow anyone off, thanks to the ones that did PM.)
I just noticed mine was too

what happens - do any missed messages come back once you clear it? or do they get bounced back?
dunno, I just sent you the above quote 5 times, no bounced messages.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:29 am

forge wrote:
cosmosuave wrote:Good to see ya back Neb... Wonder how long til bOunce see's this thread but then again it won't matter... Genius pure genius...
I get the feeling there will be a fallout period where we all have to figure out who is using what new login....but it's so damn easy to add a name :wink:

besides, if this just makes people behave themselves then let them have their new login
I think if some 'new' user comes on calling people fanboys and losers ... all that sort of stuff, I'm just not arsed anywayWhoever it is, fuck them really - my 'real' life is complicated enough without some tit I don't know or care about mouthing off in my face. Straight to the killfile, day one.