Random chopped up audio samples appearing

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Vaughan

Random chopped up audio samples appearing

Post by Vaughan » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:28 pm

I am using the arrangement view to do various cutting up tasks (taking out silence, consolidating bits, sorting out my samples, the usual stuff) when I often notice random bits of audio appearing way down the end of whatever track i'm working in. How do they get there? I'm sure not putting them down there. Often I just leave the track playing and get bursts of chopped up clip like 2 minutes later when i'm doing something else.

This has also done something more irritating tonight - it has chopped through various bits of completed samples on a song of mine - now i've got to figure out what exactly has happened here and put them back together. I'm stuck! Have I botched some settings somewhere?
Thanks for any help.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:58 am

I'm a bit confused by your post but I suspect that at least part of what you're experiencing may have to do with punching in here and there,

which depending on your settings and especially with MIDI clips and the OVR button could result in a lot of separate clips (but which should still play back as usual)

maybe you could post some pictures and some further explanation of your process

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:30 pm

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply. The next time it happens i'll take some screenshots of what is going on. I can't reproduce the problem very easily.. it seems to happen by itself. I'll post up whatever I was doing when it happens. Thanks,