Elektron MachineDrum SPS-1uw Racks + Samples

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
whiterabbit

ethics

Post by whiterabbit » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:16 am

I'm sure the people at Elektron are thrilled with your project!

3rdordertrauma

Re: ethics

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:52 pm

whiterabbit wrote:I'm sure the people at Elektron are thrilled with your project!
I'm sure they have no clue it even exists. Besides... even though this rack is useful and fun and free it still doesn't come close to the real thing.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:39 am

This looks like fun. I'm having trouble accessing the download though. I've created an account and i'm not seeing a download button anywhere.. also tried clicking on the document title.. no luck ;( Any suggestions?

j0nnydigital

Post by j0nnydigital » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:08 am

thnkzs so much for these, I will try and install them, how do I use the racks? Im kinda new to live .. sorry for being quite noobish :(

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:09 am

3rdordertrauma wrote:even though this rack is useful and fun and free it still doesn't come close to the real thing.
It's a cool rack, no doubt, but the appeal of the MD is the interface and what you can do with the parameter locks. There's also a M-Audio Machinedrum sample CD out there for a few years now, not hurting Elektron either as samples are just too static compared to what the MD can do.

Not in anyway a slight against the rack here though, cool stuff.

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:53 pm

Vaughan wrote:This looks like fun. I'm having trouble accessing the download though. I've created an account and i'm not seeing a download button anywhere.. also tried clicking on the document title.. no luck ;( Any suggestions?
Hi Vaughan sorry you are having trouble. I see you have an active account wit us. Are you sure you are successfully logged in when trying to access the downloads? When logged in you will see a download button on each item available for download. Let us know if you have any further trouble.

Cheers,
DefEQ Crew

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:10 pm

j0nnydigital wrote:thnkzs so much for these, I will try and install them, how do I use the racks? Im kinda new to live .. sorry for being quite noobish :(
Firstly... you are using Live version 6 and higher yes? Prior versions of live can't use racks.

If yes we are good to go. This is what you do... it depends on what kind of file it is... have a look at the file extension after downloading and unzipping the file. If its a .alp (examples of DefEQ downloads in this format would be the Elektron sample pack and FR777 Drums pack) thats a "ableton live pack" file double click it and Live will ask you if you want to install the pack. Say yes and point it to the directory you wish to install the pack on, the Ableton Library is the best place if you don't have any specific preference.

If the file is an .adg file (such as the PhatCamelToe and Filter Effects bundles) those are just racks/preset files and can be dragged directly into your library to a folder of your choice. No install necessary with these ones. Also if you have Live open you could open these .adg files from where ever they currently reside, say your downloads folder or desktop, just point Lives browser to them and drag em to a track. Once open in Live of course you have the option of saving them to your Live Library by either dragging them in to a folder in the Live browser or clicking on the little disc icon in the top right of the racks "main" level.

Hope thats helps... if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Cheers!

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:23 pm

Tarekith wrote: It's a cool rack, no doubt, but the appeal of the MD is the interface and what you can do with the parameter locks. There's also a M-Audio Machinedrum sample CD out there for a few years now, not hurting Elektron either as samples are just too static compared to what the MD can do.

Not in anyway a slight against the rack here though, cool stuff.
Thanks Tarekith! Likewise with your racks dewd... great stuff! I couldn't agree more about the Elektron stuff, the sequencers are the shit and the parameter locks are the big reason why. Although very similar stuff is possible in Live with the clip envelopes, its no where near as easy to use and program as the Elektron hardware. Never again will I make the mistake of selling my SPS. I sold my first one and regret it ever day till I replaced it with a new one... I did get an upgrade to the UW out of it though.

Cheers... keep up the good work! I'll try to keep up... :wink:

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:01 pm

Well, I logged in again and the Download button has appeared. I'll get downloading some of this stuff. There are a few other things that look interesting on there.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sun May 25, 2008 2:21 pm

just a little bump and a friendly reminder that the site is currently down. :)
anyone got a mirror for the racks perhaps?

Post by 4.33 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:20 pm

friend_kami wrote:just a little bump and a friendly reminder that the site is currently down. :)
anyone got a mirror for the racks perhaps?
+1 and thank you!

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Tue May 27, 2008 12:14 pm

OK folks the original posts links have been refreshed and should be working.

Enjoy!

Post by 4.33 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:41 pm

3rdordertrauma wrote:OK folks the original posts links have been refreshed and should be working.

Enjoy!
much appreciated :!:

Nod

Post by Nod » Wed May 28, 2008 4:30 pm

4.33 wrote:much appreciated :!:
+1

arafel

Post by arafel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:32 pm

Curses on you 3rdordertrauma!

Sure.. you post some 'harmless' samples and nice GM rack...

I download, install, run Live and now Ive got a major Virus Bug...

Gear Envy Virus!

Sounds so sweet.. must have Machine Drum...

Aaauugugguuuuggggggg!

Cheers for your rack work! Awesome!
2.8ghz Quad Mac, Live 9.77, Remote25, Maschine 1, Fa-66 optical link, Samson 65a. Dog hair.. lots.