Djing with axiom 25

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
frequin

Djing with axiom 25

Post by frequin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:24 am

Quick question, I use the endless knobs move the faders up and down in lives session view on the audio tracks, but I move them quickly and always go a bit to far and max out the channels into the red,

is there anyway to make the fader stop at the mark on the screen in live and stop it from going above before the sound distorts?

Also is there anyway to assign a pad so when I hit it, it makes a start point for a loop and when I hit it again it makes an end point and plays a loop, a bit like a cdj?

Thanks!!

Patch

Post by Patch » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:38 am

When you assign the controllers, you can set a min/max value. You'll want to set the max value to 0db for the rotaries. If you're doing fast cuts/fades, why not assign a piano key/keyboad key to the fader instead? The key will workas an on/off and you can toggle this between the min and max volume.

To use 1 button to set a start and stop point for a loop, you'd need Bomes Mid Translator. It's easily done with 2 buttons, though. In the clip view, below the LOOP button, there are 2 buttons which say "SET". Assign 1 button to the start point SET, and 1 button to the end point SET. These buttons will work for the clip in whichever track is selcted. (So, if a clip is playing in track 1, and you hit the buttons, the loop wil apply to the clip in track 1. You could then navigate to track 2and use the same buttons to set a loop in the clip playing in track 2).

Fun Fun Fun!!!

tribewalker

Post by tribewalker » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:24 pm

Axiom – Drum Rolls in Live
In Live, you will need to find a sampled drum sound. For this example, we are going to
select a snare sample from the Live Library in the File Browser.
Drag and drop the sample to a clip slot on an audio track. Now you need to assign a
MIDI note to trigger the clip. Clicking the “MIDI” box in the top right corner of the
screen will enable MIDI mapping. Click the audio clip to select it for mapping.
Press the pad you want to trigger the Snare. A box will appear indicating the MIDI note
assigned to trigger the sample.
If you want to be able to control the volume of the roll, also click the volume slider for
the audio track. You can use any knob, slider, or even the modulation wheel.
Next you will need to double click on the clip to view its properties. If you cannot see
the “Launch” properties box, click the “L” in the bottom left. You need to set the
“Launch Mode” to “Repeat”.
Now set the Quantization for the desired repeat rate. (1/32 for 32nd note repeats, 1/16T
for 16th note triplets, etc.)
Now when you press the pad to trigger the snare, the note will repeat at the rate set in the
clips “Quantization” drop down box. If you also assigned the volume to a knob, slider, or
modulation wheel, you can use it to adjust the volume of the drum roll.
**Note, if you used the modulation wheel to control the volume, you will not want to use
the modulation wheel with any software instruments as its control will always be mapped
to that volume. To “unmap” a control, click the “MIDI” box to enter MIDI mapping
mode, click the parameter to select it, and press the “Delete” key on your keyboard. The
controller # will disappear and the controller will no longer be mapped.**
===============
audio engines are going to differ very slightly betwen 200 dollar soft synths

frequin

Post by frequin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:41 pm

Patch wrote:why not assign a piano key/keyboad key to the fader instead? The key will workas an on/off and you can toggle this between the min and max volume.

you'd need Bomes Mid Translator. It's easily done with 2 buttons, though. In the clip view, below the LOOP button, there are 2 buttons which say "SET".
Great I knew it would be something simple like that! Is there anyway to assign a piano key as an on/off volume as well as the knob or can you only have one controll per parameter?

I have bomes midi translator havnt really played with it though, I have been looping the way you surgest but I would like to do it to the master track if i can.