Freakin Latency

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Nod

Post by Nod » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:00 pm

Amaury wrote:That is is not exactly true: there will always be a delay in time before the note is heard while monitoring. There won't be while playing back, because of Delay Compensation. Or did I misunderstand your statement?
No Amaury you've understood it perfectly - apologies if I've confused the issue here as I was referring to the timings of recorded MIDI as outlined in several threads in this forum. My point was that the MIDI note on messages, as one example, should be recorded in time exactly when they are recieved from the input - not after the program has rendered sound to the output because as you've outlined there will always be some delay? Do correct me if this is a flawed concept...

I'm still having latency issues over several projects even with 64 sample ASIO buffers and I'm trying to find repeatable conditions (ie: is it specific VSTi, FX, disc load, buffers?) in the hope I can pass on the information to you and other users so we can make some headway. Thanks again for the information you have offered elsewhere as regards the latency jitter vs CPU load issue in Live and hopefully you can keep us all updated as regards the MIDI situation in the forthcoming v7 as & when you can.

Personally I think Iain's suggestion that the PDC on the recording channel being optional would be a real step forward in solving this issue.