Live Sucks, and other Rants...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:01 pm

I sure did. :o
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:20 pm

one of my favourites from these very fora

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35559

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:14 am

haha, angy, classic stuff

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:45 am

it also reminds me of that mild yet revealing whinge by Ladytron
http://www.gearwire.com/ladytron-interview.html
but the group has had its share of problems with more modern gear. The group's early flirtation with computers on stage produced mixed results. "In the days when we used to run drums from a laptop, Ableton live, which had served us well for a year straight, decided to re-serialize during sound check in Barcelona. There was no net connection, so we had to dial up through a cellphone back home, to carry out the challenge-response to get a new serial number." Hunt added, "Thats the thanks you get for using legal software."
oh yes, Ableton decided to 're-serialise' did it? Strraaaaange.
Was that message "Ableton has encountered a copy protection error, please contact support @ ableton" ?
.. was it that kind of re-serialise, hmm , was it, hmm?

chortle.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:50 am

I HATE it when my computers and software make decisions on their own free will that inconvenience me at the worst of times. It is really inconsiderate of them, and I often have to have long conversations with them explaining how it hurts my feelings, and they usually will behave quite well after that.

Oh, wait, nevermind, computers and software DON'T DO THAT. Ladytron = Idiotron.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:53 am

nebulae wrote:Now this guy is CLEARLY delusional, since Sonar products have routinely sucked when it comes to VST implementation, whereas Live shines...
wz061s -> RE: [OT] Ableton Live (8/8/2006 2:51:11 AM)

I own P5 and Live, and if you review my posts you will see I was really giddy on Live for a while.

In fairness, Live has great warping alrorithms, routing and input quantize. It also records in what we know as "the Matrix", which P5 won't do.

However, as a company Ableton sucks. IMO. As I get older, this means a lot more to me. I'm tired of ignored bug reports, and machine based copy protection.

As slow as Cakewalk is to respond to users for feature enhancements, I still feel loyalty to them because their products are solid, and run VST's that Live can't handle.
HERE HERE!!!!!!

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:00 am

Um, I actually really don't get this at all (other than abe's do vst TO THE MAX and sonar really REALLY sucks at it).....

But, am I to see that some complete moron had some crazy/nobodyelse/whatthehellareyousmokin' problem with authorization and he's bent? Did I miss something?

IF that is true, to any degree, I want to go on record (I think I've posted enough to qualify as someone who would know)? as saying live's authorization is practically in-falible!

If not.......never mind...... :lol:

Amberience

Re: Live Sucks, and other Rants...

Post by Amberience » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:39 am

nebulae wrote:Ok, let's switch it up...instead of my usual Friday-Fanboy-ism, I want to post any rant I can find about Live out on the web. It'll be therapeutic. Hell, it'll be just plain fun to see what the crazies are sayin'

Start with this one...
http://dekstop.de/weblog/2006/03/music_ ... ill_sucks/
What a moron...

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:42 am

confusing at the very least?

sorry n.............

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:48 pm

haha, this is a great thread...I just love seeing the other side, as I'm clearly a fanboy, so it's always funny. For example, my wife always hates it when I turn to extreme right-wing republican talk radio when we take road trips. For me, I think a little Rush Limbaugh is always funny as all hell, just to see how freakin' crazy he really is. Same with these posts about Live sucking...

ash1

Post by ash1 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:36 pm

are you innnnnnnnnnnn or are you ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut :lol:

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:43 pm

Angstrom wrote:one of my favourites from these very fora

i wonder who wrote that? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:43 pm

Live sucks in so many ways, I don't know where to begin..

It sucks up my time, energy, life, frustration, concentration, inspiration and on several occasions my brain has been sucked dry...

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:50 pm

nathannn wrote:

i wonder who wrote that? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
I have no clue whatsoever...

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:53 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
nathannn wrote:

I have no clue whatsoever...
me neither but i agree with the guy
in fact i think he may be a genius
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.