ozonic backround noise

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ar10003

ozonic backround noise

Post by ar10003 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:32 pm

I am using an MAudio Ozonic to get vocals into live. However when I record I seem to get a lot of background noise, fine for when the vox sit on a busy mix but really cant use if I have a very quite passage, espc after compression which brings up the noise floor. Is anyone else experiencing this with Ozonic. Its not so much a hum or rumble just general white background noise. For the time being Im using x-noise from waves to help but that’s not ideal as it can eat into the vocal performance a bit.

Wondering if I can reduce the noise with some different settings on the Ozonic, different settings in Live, optimizing the gain (never sure if this should be low or high for optimal headroom and minimizing noise) or may with some cabling tricks. Any info welcome. The mics I use are the Shure 57 and Ozonic N1.

MAudio Ozonic Rode N1a Shure 57OSX Tiger Ableton Live 6

- EDIT I called Ozonic and i was oveloadong my firewire bus with 2 external drives and the ozonic. Since he ozonic is working so hard they suggested buying another firewire expansion card to ease the strain and now all is good
Last edited by ar10003 on Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grandstick

White noise with Ozonic

Post by grandstick » Wed May 02, 2007 10:49 am

I had the same issue with my new Ozonic this week. I finally called M-Audio tech support after several hours of troubleshooting. It all came down to uninstalling the Ozonic SW from my PB (10.4.9), disconnecting all Firewire peripherals and then reinstalling the SW.

I had a LaCie FW HD connected to my PB when I had first installed the Ozonic SW. The support tech (thanks Vincent!) knew instantly that this was the issue (he said it was a known issue, but I could not find it listed on the M-Audio site or the WWW for the life of me!). I took those steps and the sound is a clear as a bell!

Good luck!

Paul