Export Problem: ReWired through Cubase Sx 2.o

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Tallisman

Export Problem: ReWired through Cubase Sx 2.o

Post by Tallisman » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:30 am

So I have this track that I ReWired through Cubase SX 2.0.1[build 10]
I opened 4 stereo buses: Rewire 1/2, Rewire 3/4, Rewire 5/6, Rewire 7/8.
THe audio from 3/4 did not export (well portions did, sporadically!) I tried a number of fixes: sample and buffer sizes, realtime export, sample rate/bit depth combinations, disabled all FX, and plugins.

Finally, I re routed all the audio destined for Rewire 3/4 into Rewire 1/2, and everything was ok.

I have not yet tested this with another .als, but it seems to me that there may be a problem with the implementation of the ReWire engine. Here are the results I have come across thus far:
Rewire 1/2 - OK
Rewire 3/4 - Does not export properly in Cubase SX 2.01 [build 10]: Audio skips and drops out sporadically independently of which Live Track I rout through it (if I send the guitar sample there, guitars drop out. If I send bass there, see ya later bass!)
Rewire 5/6 - OK
Rewire 7/8 - OK
Rewire 9/10 - Untested
Rewire 11/12 - Untested
Rewire 13/14 - Untested
Rewire 15/16 - Untested

thanks for listening,
Tallisman

My system specs:
  • Win XP Pro
  • Athlon 2400 XP+
  • Asus A7n8x Delux ver.2
  • 768mb pc2700 DDR
  • echo MIA / Motu 2408 mkIII
  • Radeon 9600
  • m-audio Ozone
  • Cubase SX2, Reason 2.5, Wavelab 4, Live 3.o, Donkey Kong jr.

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:22 am

Hi Tallisman (again).

I use Live 3.01 with Cubase VST 5.2pb and ReWire all the time.

All this is on a Mac (the Darkside :) )

I can say that ReWire 3/4 exports just fine for me.

So maybe its a Cubase SX issue ...??

Regards

Beatworld

DCools

Re: Export Problem: ReWired through Cubase Sx 2.o

Post by DCools » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:30 pm

Tallisman wrote:So I have this track that I ReWired through Cubase SX 2.0.1[build 10]
I opened 4 stereo buses: Rewire 1/2, Rewire 3/4, Rewire 5/6, Rewire 7/8.
THe audio from 3/4 did not export (well portions did, sporadically!) I tried a number of fixes: sample and buffer sizes, realtime export, sample rate/bit depth combinations, disabled all FX, and plugins. [/list][/size]
The same here. Everything works well except when I do a Export audio mixdown, there is the problem.

I'm using Nuendo 2.1.0. Build 10. on Windows XP.

The Hard Disk Overload Indicator in Live 3.01 is almost constant on (Red) when I do a Audio Mixdown in Nuendo.

I had 4 tracks, Rewire to 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 and 9/10.

I also had a 9 track Arrangement routed from 3/4 to 19/20. Same problem. I had to finish it to export each track to a wav file and import it to Nuendo. :(

Regards,
Diederick F.M. Cools.

Tallisman

fixed? ok.

Post by Tallisman » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:56 pm

I thinks things may be resolved as of 3.0.2!
Weird thing happened though, the first track that I opened, the first sample that plays: the first 2 beats worth of audio would not play. Sounded like powered monitors cutting in and out as the singal gets too quiet. I tried several songs... same thing. So i shut down 3.0.2, and opended the tracks in 3.0.1. no problem.? Then I tried 3.0.2 again, and no problem. weird.
anyway, all good now (or so it seems).
cheers,
T

Goran@Irrupt

Post by Goran@Irrupt » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:45 pm

Hey, finally someone with the same problem ;)

i didn't try to export through Cubase SX2 and Live 3.0.2, but in the previous version of Live i had the very same situation. only some buses (i can't exactly remember if they were 3/4...) have drops when i tried to export audio. this is very annoing bug and i hope it will be fixed as soon as possible. in the meantime i exported all tracks in Live separately. duh!

win pro XP,
Intel Pentium 4, 1.6 Ghz
512 DDR Ram
Cubase SX 2.1.0

w :!:

espedif

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:01 am

hi all,
im having this problem with live 3.0.2 and sx ...
cant render in sx, all the rewired live tracks dont get
rendered...
:( :( :( :cry: :cry: :?:
this is very annoying...
any workaround???
please ....i really need this

Sir Roland D. Espedif

loopsnoop

Post by loopsnoop » Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:32 am

Hi all. I have experienced similar problems of audio dropouts in an exported mixdown while using both Live 3.0 & 3.0.2 rewired as slave to Nuendo 2.1.1.25.
The dropouts only occur on the rewired Live busses. The Nuendo audio tracks export perfectly.
I have all the possible Live busses enabled in Nuendo & have tried various re-routing possibilties including routing all Live tracks to a single master bus in Nuendo but the problem continues to manifest in audio export.
Additionally, I have noticed occasional seemingly random audio droputs of Live tracks simply while monitoring playback.
I do not consider the possibilty that this is a hardware issue due to the fact that when these droputs occur my system is not under heavy load as CPU & HD activity are both relatively low.
However, I have discovered a workaround & that is to load the audio referenced by the problematic clips into RAM.
This solved the audio dropout problem in mixdown completely, but it seems there is a rewire related problem when using Live slaved to the Steinberg sequencers.

System Specs:
3.0 GHZ P4C
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
1 GB PC 4000 DDR
2 X WD Raptor RAID0
WINXP Pro SP1
M-Audio Delta 1010

sowlo

Same Cubase SX problem

Post by sowlo » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:03 pm

I have the same problem as you guys. Audio dropouts on certain tracks. Red indicator light comes on a wierd times. The fix I have found for now is to shut both applications off. Start Live alone, close it and restart Cubase 2.0 and live. It normally fixes my problem. I hope they (Steinberg and Ableton) fix this bug. Talk to each other guys!

I also get the error that something is wrong with the master application.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:47 pm

same here unfortunatly. Quite renders with sporadic peaks of sound coming in and out...weird stuff...

espedif

Post by espedif » Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:27 am

a word from ableton about this would be nice!!
its definitely the WORST bug in live a.t.m., at least for me..
very annoying...

danke
Roland Espedif

Goran@Irrupt

Post by Goran@Irrupt » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:25 am

hey, i spent last week at Transmediale festival in Berlin, where Ableton had the presentations every night. i spoked to guys personaly about this problem and they said it's Steinberg's bug, not Ableton's. i posted this topic to Cubase forum as well, 'couse i'd really like to see this problem fixed in their next patch (it should be out soon). unfortunately, their latest patch for Nuendo (which came out two weeks ago) didn't solved this problem. maybe we should push them a little bit, hah?
cheeers,
w!

robbmasters

Post by robbmasters » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:02 pm

Been having the same problem in Cubase SX 1.0.6 and the Live 3.0.2 demo under XP Home. The RAM trick above seems to work for me (whereas the launching Live first trick doesn't). I've definitely had it on Rewire channels 1 and 2, and probably on 3 and 4. Haven't tried any others.

Jon C. Barham

Tape It

Post by Jon C. Barham » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:39 am

Same here.

Another work around is to use Silverspike Tape it in the insert of the master section, instead of "Export audio mixdown". This only works in realtime, however.

grimleyj

Post by grimleyj » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:00 am

Ditto .. same problem here Live 3.0.2, Cubase SX 2.0.1
Clips to RAM seems to fix it.