Latest bug fix update: Live 6.0.5!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Alex

Latest bug fix update: Live 6.0.5!

Post by Alex » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:25 pm

Dear All,

Within this announcement we release a bug-fix update of Live 6 named Live 6.0.5.

You can get that version via the 'Check for Updates' menu in Live 6
or via www.ableton.com/downloads

Follow this link for the the change from version 6.0.3 to 6.0.5.
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60370

Kind Regards
/Alex
Last edited by Alex on Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:54 am, edited 7 times in total.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:44 pm

I stay very sad guys, midi bug not fixed ; (

Bug explained here
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=60

No fixed on 6.0.4
No fixed on 6.0.5
No fixed on 6.0.6

Please some info from ableton about this?
Please
:(

EDITED: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:20 pm
Bug its fixed, THANKS !
Last edited by Dj-Grobe on Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:01 am

I don't remember a 6.04 or a 6.05 and now we are beta testing 6.06? I don't get it.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:16 am

I don't remember a 6.04 or a 6.05 and now we are beta testing 6.06?
Live 6.0.4 was a Live Lite only release and it was and will never be available on-line.

Also Live 6.0.5 was originally planned as Live Lite only release. But because Live 6.0.5 contains already a bunch of bug-fixes and improvements, we made it available for all Live 6 users.

So we released Live 6.0.5 as regular bug-fix update.
See www.ableton.com/downloads

On the other hand, there are some bug-fixes we still hope to address, so we already started a new beta period.

Regards
/Alex

eamoon

Post by eamoon » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:29 am

Fixed display problems with very wide windows on Mac. On a system with
two 30" monitors it wasn't possible to resize the window to the entire
width of both screens.
Okay, admit it, you just described that bug to make us all feel... inadequate.

Fondly looking forward to Live 6.6.6!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:42 am

Yeah, like that bug where it was impossible to insert more than 24,000 scenes or something :)
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

jasefos

Post by jasefos » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:32 am

Tarekith wrote:Yeah, like that bug where it was impossible to insert more than 24,000 scenes or something :)
Showstopper !

lol

[not really!]

Great to see such regular deployment of bug fixes from the Abletons. Better to be releasing smaller maintenance updates on a regular basis than saving them all up into infrequent big maintenance updates.

Kudos !

Now .... let's see if this Live can Slave to incoming MIDI clock properly. I've wheeled in the old Atari 1024ST with Cubase (the tightest MIDI clock generator around!) for the occassion.

Cheers !
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS

spiral

Post by spiral » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:27 am

updates YAY!

trotz

Re: Live 6.0.6 Beta ... and a Live 6.0.5 Release!

Post by trotz » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:49 am

Alex wrote:Bug-Fixes:

Fixed display problems with very wide windows on Mac. On a system with
two 30" monitors it wasn't possible to resize the window to the entire
width of both screens.
I can't believe it. It is only a few days ago when I reported this bug and it is already solved?

Thanks to the team. I'm enjoying the experience of producing, performing live sets and DJing with Ableton Live.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:59 am

^^^ Jealous@Trotz!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:28 am

Pitch Black wrote:^^^ Jealous@Trotz!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
+1 8O

Dj-Grobe wrote:I stay very sad guys, midi bug not fixed ; (
Please some info from ableton about this?
Please
:(
Robert Henke wrote:Hello!

We are working on the MIDI message order issue right now. But we need to carefully check if the planned changes will not cause unwanted problems on other ends. Once we are sure all is fine this will be part of one of the next updates. But as usual no promises about when this will be the case.

Best, Robert
Ableton

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:43 am

Edited due i no want create confusion.
Last edited by Dj-Grobe on Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:28 am

God I'm up late. My gf is gonna be pissed so I'll break this down real fast.

Midi protocol sucks. It is what we have to lie to ourselves about loving while a replacement is worked on. You already know this. You are light years ahead of me in programming and no-doubt other things. That is why you should realize that they cannot fix this for you in an ad-hoc fashion without creating further problems for other users, or risk (and I mean beyond risk-sacrifice) whatever foundation they currently have that effects a marginal number of users. The truth is they could F&*(& up some seriously larger number in other more drastic ways.

Right now they are juggling all of the behind the scene magic to get all sorts of specialized controllers to work the same. That's pretty rough man. That means that they are currently translating their processes to extremely different devices, yet trying to maintain integrity to their design. That's called the big picture. It's way more important than you or I or even Sasha. It's what will put their children through college.

It sucked having to wait for dual processor support but it was worth it. I feel your pain, but there is always workarounds. Trust me. I have my miditemplate based around a series of workarounds for something I would ideally prefer, but ultimately if you want perfection you got to make your own stuff, find workarounds, or conform to the device.

I'm gonna be in trouble. G'night.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:43 am

LOFA wrote:God I'm up late. My gf is gonna be pissed so I'll break this down real fast.

Midi protocol sucks. It is what we have to lie to ourselves about loving while a replacement is worked on. You already know this. You are light years ahead of me in programming and no-doubt other things. That is why you should realize that they cannot fix this for you in an ad-hoc fashion without creating further problems for other users, or risk (and I mean beyond risk-sacrifice) whatever foundation they currently have that effects a marginal number of users. The truth is they could F&*(& up some seriously larger number in other more drastic ways.

Right now they are juggling all of the behind the scene magic to get all sorts of specialized controllers to work the same. That's pretty rough man. That means that they are currently translating their processes to extremely different devices, yet trying to maintain integrity to their design. That's called the big picture. It's way more important than you or I or even Sasha. It's what will put their children through college.

It sucked having to wait for dual processor support but it was worth it. I feel your pain, but there is always workarounds. Trust me. I have my miditemplate based around a series of workarounds for something I would ideally prefer, but ultimately if you want perfection you got to make your own stuff, find workarounds, or conform to the device.

I'm gonna be in trouble. G'night.
aww let poor grobe have his bugfix

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:45 am

Lofa, for that reason i build my own controller monotouchlive.com
Last edited by Dj-Grobe on Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.