Live 6.0.3 & Live 6.0.5 on Windows Vista

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Hades

Post by Hades » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:20 pm

mine still doesn't work.
Live still can't find my ASIO drivers, and asio4all doesn't make a difference either.
this means I constantly have notes stuck, glitches,...

all in all, VERY irritating !

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:47 am

Xbox 360 sound engine coming for vista SP1

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2007/08/0 ... /#comments

Emlyn

Post by Emlyn » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:59 pm

Hades wrote:
Ruso wrote:
I have no choice about vista, I just bought a new lap top, none of the newer lap tops come with xp any more, and in a lot of cases downgrading to xp is not supported so there's no drivers and also voids warranty....
same here.
brand new vaio laptop. they simply don't sell new laptops with XP.
Live works ok for most part, but it can't find my ASIO drivers.
I've made sure I downloaded the vista compatible drivers for my echo audiofire8 (they didn't have them available untill somewhere in february I think), and tried re-installing several times.
no luck so far.

anyone else had a similar problem with Live not finding the asio ?
I have this problem too with my VAIO, the only thing I can do to fix the probelem is wipe the C drive and return it to it original factory settings, then reinstall everything. This only works for a week or so before I have to do it all over again. It's a right pain in the ass. If anyone finds a solution please let me know coz its driving me mad. :(

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:27 pm

You need compatible driver wth vista.
If your sound device not have compatible driver you have thsi problem.
You cant use VISTA until you have correct supported aqudiod rivers.

At this moment all sound card 90% of soudcard have final or beta driver available.
What is the soundcard you have?

Emlyn

Post by Emlyn » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:44 am

I have the Vista driver for my Echo Indigo DJ. Thats not the problem as I have the option of choosing the soundcard, the problem is I can't use it with my internal soundcard because ASIO4ALL disappears.

Hades

Post by Hades » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:39 am

Emlyn wrote:
Hades wrote:
Ruso wrote:
I have no choice about vista, I just bought a new lap top, none of the newer lap tops come with xp any more, and in a lot of cases downgrading to xp is not supported so there's no drivers and also voids warranty....
same here.
brand new vaio laptop. they simply don't sell new laptops with XP.
Live works ok for most part, but it can't find my ASIO drivers.
I've made sure I downloaded the vista compatible drivers for my echo audiofire8 (they didn't have them available untill somewhere in february I think), and tried re-installing several times.
no luck so far.

anyone else had a similar problem with Live not finding the asio ?
I have this problem too with my VAIO, the only thing I can do to fix the probelem is wipe the C drive and return it to it original factory settings, then reinstall everything. This only works for a week or so before I have to do it all over again. It's a right pain in the ass. If anyone finds a solution please let me know coz its driving me mad. :(
I recently solved half of my problem by accident.
I was at work and wanted to record a quick idea so opened up Live outside of the studio (so no external soundcard connected), and all of a sudden the options of asio4all and the asio audiofire8 appeared where they should.
first I thought I had to connect it like this all the time : first start up Live, then attach external soundcard, but I found they stay there, thank god.
BUT, this still doesn't solve my hanging midi notes, which is a real pain in the ass since I usually prefer playing stuff in live.
I have mailed my experience to Ableton and asked them when they think they're gonna be supporting Vista (after all, it's been well over half a year now), but they haven't replied to me at all.
all in all, I can't say I'm very pleased with the support I've been given up till now :cry:

queglay

Post by queglay » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:46 pm

ive just been trying out ableton live with vista 64. version 6.0.10.

the graphics problems have gone. at least for a little while before ableton decided to switch back. before that happenned though i ran the live performance test using my rme fireface 800. it sucked big time. i got significantly slower performance from 16% up to 20% or 30% or even higher (it wasn't consistent). i had glitching at 256 samples and usually i get away with 128 or less on my nw8440 laptop.

are there any tuning tips for vista yet? or is it still just a no go. im hoping some of the crappy drivers for my machine will get fixed for vista. but im just a bit sick of it and i think i should just sell the thing. $3500AUD wasted.
Load VST Presets from Push's Browser!
http://www.audiomodder.com

Hades

Post by Hades » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:52 pm

they told me teh last version of Live should be fully Vista compatible.
I isntalled it, and indeed, I've had no more problems since.

and the MID problem turned out to be a problem with crappy drivers from my echo soundcard.
after installation of the new drivers, I've had no trouble whatsoever.

I'm glad now I didn't switch back to XP and waited, since everything runs fine now.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:04 pm

Vista run exelent here with FAST TRACK PRO with vista drivers.
Vista installed on IMAC C2D 2.4ghz 3gb ram
Few days ago i start test SB1 for vista:

SP Pack 1 x86 Build 6001.16659 Beta 1

Performance of vista its really improved after this SP1 install, vista is on good way now.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:36 pm

Please any one using vista repeat this test for confirm thsi BUG:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74031

JacksonL

Post by JacksonL » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:41 pm

My problem is that my fully working version runs on XP but doesnt run at all in Vista, just loads the demo version. Any ideas?

ryanlee127

Post by ryanlee127 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:05 pm

Thank you very much for the update, Alex.

robleighton22

Post by robleighton22 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:31 pm

i hav probs with ableton with vista and my motu 828mkII usb 2, this i think is down to drivers and not ableton. i get blue screen errors when theres loads going on. and occassional audio hanging too.