Midi bug?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:35 pm

Yep its a midi, and its present from long time ago...... ; (
Wow, need wait a lot now for this fix ; (
My controller use scene play, so yeah, !!! ista big toruble, because ableton send wrong feedback : (

I really drive crazy thinking i make something wrong, but no, its a bug on ableton.

Some ETA fro thsi fix now?
Last edited by Dj-Grobe on Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:36 pm

gafferuk please my eglish its absolutly bad, if can exlain correctly here, that help to understand to robert or to sombody form ableton.

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:38 pm

Dj-Grobe wrote:gafferuk please my eglish its absolutly bad, if can exlain correctly here, that help to understand to robert or to sombody form ableton.
Your english is ok, i understand you. So will ableton team.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:45 pm

I know this bug from time ago, but i think i make somthing wrong....... ; (
If i reported days ago, they already have fixed.....

Well !!

PATIENCE NOW !!

Hoppe they start with version 6.0.4 soon, before they not release the fix my controller cant use scene plays with correct feedback.

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:51 pm

If your Controller is for DJ'ing i can't understand why you use the global Plays?

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:11 am

Djing ways change after ableton..............

Why not have global scene play lol???, its simple feature and very usefull, when you want make liveact, or mashups, etc etc

All features in abelton can be util in one or other way, so i usually try add more cotnrolles to my controller..........reduce controlls its bad idea...........no?

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:32 am

chapelier fou or have midi feedback its simple, you no need enable that txt file, sont know why gafferuk say need that.
You no need that, just need midi learn.

You just need midi learn one slider, or play button and you have midi out form ableton returning feedback of that slider or button.

ONLY IF YOU MIDI LEARN.............ableton not send nothing if that button slider, etc etc its not mididlearned first. (if not have midi asigned....not pretend ableton send something)

Install midi monitor and you cna see.

Ah and ofcourse setup midi out in ableton !!!!
Dont forgot that. (nede midi out activated, REMOTE)
Hoppe you can understand.

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:06 am

yeah, it works for faders and knobs. But not for the clips.
for example if I trigger a clip with the note C3, I want it to output the C3 out while playing. That's all...

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:56 pm

Dj-Grobe wrote:chapelier fou or have midi feedback its simple, you no need enable that txt file, sont know why gafferuk say need that.
I said it because it's a feature. It's later on that I discovered you don't need it for live 5(check a previous post) :)

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:14 pm

It got to be clear....
Does anyone use a midi controler that shows if a clip is playing or not(with a led)?
If yes , what kind of midi message triggers the clip, and what is your configuration?
In my configuration, the faders of my motorized controler move when I move with the mouse the faders they're assigned to. So feedback works.But when assigning midi notes to launch clips, it doesn't output the midi note while playing : that is my problem......I want to put leds showing which clips are playing.

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:22 pm

chapelier fou wrote:It got to be clear....
Does anyone use a midi controler that shows if a clip is playing or not(with a led)?
If yes , what kind of midi message triggers the clip, and what is your configuration?
In my configuration, the faders of my motorized controler move when I move with the mouse the faders they're assigned to. So feedback works.But when assigning midi notes to launch clips, it doesn't output the midi note while playing : that is my problem......I want to put leds showing which clips are playing.
Live 6 works out the box, it sends out midi messages on clip play, repeat and stop.

Im not sure about live 5. Below live 5 you need the -midiNoteFeedback option.txt stuff.(never tried it)

I have old live 5 but im not at home to try it out.

The midi controller im creating works great by the way, my trigger-pad is much better than using a mouse to launch clips.

On the midi-config you need to set midi-out on and Remote on on your controller, that should do it.

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:52 pm

yeah thank you. I think this is just not working natively in live 5.0. . I probably done something wrong with my options.txt...... To be really really sure, could you please try it on live 5, if you have the time, of course!
thank you very much anyway, it's always a pleasure to discuss with midi controler makers...

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:00 pm

just one thing....does it output the note continuously (can my led be on and stay on) or does it just a "flash"?

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:20 pm

chapelier fou wrote:just one thing....does it output the note continuously (can my led be on and stay on) or does it just a "flash"?
It sends out a midi command just once, it's up to your controller to keep the led lit.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:03 pm

chapelier fou if you not work a little experimenting and hoppe sombody tellyou all, you never have your controller working.

If you midi learn play with chanell 17, ableton recive midi in on 17 and send on 17 midi out when clip play status.

Midi out its 127 when play, if you replay midi its 126 (this status its 126 only when the clip its blinking on ableton and back inmediatly back to 127 when track start play from the begining)
When stop value its 0

So you can make led mantian ON WHEN VALUE ITS 127
BLINKING WHEN 126
AND OF WHEN 0

: )

Please make your experiences.......... and stop ask the same over and over again : )
I no want ofend to you, but understand experimenting its the best way to have real results : )

For first stage of your experiments, install midi yoke, and MIDI-OX (its midi monitor) with this monitor you can see what ableton send out.

Ableton have one trouble, when use global scene play, and that its described in this post, have midi BUG makeing return MIDI 0 when use global scene plays, becarefull with this, because its ableton bug a,nd no problem in your controller.