Live 5 Tracks with Crystal Don't Work Right in Live 6

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eblomquist

Live 5 Tracks with Crystal Don't Work Right in Live 6

Post by eblomquist » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:09 pm

when i opened some tracks in Live 6 that I originally did in Live 5 using Crystal, Crystal showed up, but had no patch loaded. Then the whole shebang just kind of hung up...

I can load Crystal into a new project, and navigate to its presets, and make it play, but the old set is crapped...

Any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks...
I teach at Berklee. MacBook Pro, Push, APC-40, Ultralite, iOS devices, Axiom 61, BX8A's, LIVE 9 Suite, MicroBrute, KORG MS-20, AKAI S-612, GUILD STARFIRE II BASS/STARFIRE III GUITAR.
http://www.underwaterairport.com "Kuhli Loach" on Facebook

gregorythis

Post by gregorythis » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:17 pm

i was having weird problems using crystal in live 6 as a AU for a while.
i had to use vst.

dont think this helps but just some info

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:03 am

crystal works great as a VST in Live 6 under win xp

tylenol

Re: Live 5 Tracks with Crystal Don't Work Right in Live 6

Post by tylenol » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:11 pm

eblomquist wrote:when i opened some tracks in Live 6 that I originally did in Live 5 using Crystal, Crystal showed up, but had no patch loaded. Then the whole shebang just kind of hung up...

I can load Crystal into a new project, and navigate to its presets, and make it play, but the old set is crapped...

Thanks...
I only have one live 5 set sitting around where I used crystal (that I can think of), but it worked when I loaded it into l6. The difference might be that that track was frozen in the l5 set, and it seemed to survive unfreezing, so you could try freezing that track in l5 before importing it. In general though crystal has some strange behaviors on intel macs, for instance it sometimes has CPU spikes after note releases. I've never seen it lead to a crash, but I haven't been using it much since I got my macbook. So it might be some complication of whatever these problems are that you're having.

R.J.Dubya

Re: Live 5 Tracks with Crystal Don't Work Right in Live 6

Post by R.J.Dubya » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:28 pm

eblomquist wrote:when i opened some tracks in Live 6 that I originally did in Live 5 using Crystal, Crystal showed up, but had no patch loaded. Then the whole shebang just kind of hung up...

Thanks...
When you first used L6 was it also the first time you used the macbook pro with crystal after transfering your songs? The reason I ask is that when I migrated from powerbook to intel mac, crystal patches were never remember in my songs even thought it was a universal binary. This happened both in Logic and in Live, so I don't think it's a live thing. I had to find the old patches and recreate the best I could.

rjw
aka glitchrock-buddha
303 posts as Winston

Macbook pro C2D 2.16, Firepod, rubber band and a stick.