Konnekt24d versus Live6.01

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
jkob

Post by jkob » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:13 pm

hi. i got the konnekt 8 on macintel 10.4.10 and the latest driver of tc 1.22 dont work for me. in the first minutes i got a good workflow, after then dropouts an crackles.. on 1024 audio and also on 512.. at 256 i cant hear anything else than ssst..ccrr..ssssttt...z.. ... is there someone who had the same problem and solved it some way? in the firmware of the TCNear_122.dmg installing the actual firmware-display on the software of tc-mixer says 1.2.1 build 1184?? how can i update the firmware on 122-1678?

greets

jkob

locojohn

clicks & crackles

Post by locojohn » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:07 pm

same problems here.. can barely do anything.

(konnekt 24d / tcnear 1.22 / toshiba satellite pro (single-core) m30 notebook + ableton 6.0.7)

-andrejs[/quote]
/*
  • the basic tone of life remains the same,
    and in it there are some happy melodies
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/

BigBuddha

Post by BigBuddha » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:00 am

Is that fixed?

llama_taboot

Post by llama_taboot » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:46 am

Supposedly 4.10 broke it for a lot of people, though from what I gather a lot of people have never gotten their interfaces to work - on both the PC side and the Mac side. I picked up a Konnekt 8 yesterday after the Alesis Multimix I bought also had crap drivers and get awful dropouts in Live anytime the computer is pushed past about 45-50% and occasional dropouts even when running non-cpu intensive programs live itunes.

jkob

Post by jkob » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:38 am

cant fix it!!

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:08 pm

Damn, after experiencing series of positively charged impulses at the local dealer I bought me Konnekt Live yesterday. I even got 100 euros from the top by claiming that my kid and my wife has to eat sometimes (they don't). And now I experience strange latency crap. Even though Lives preferences claim latency to be only 93 samples (7.12 ms overall latency), yet everything reacts to my commands after hideous delay (which is unbareable, relatively longer than I experienced with my previous interface Presonus Firebox). I've updated the device to the latest drivers, and so is my OS as well. Any ideas what should I try?
MBP OSX 10.6.8, Live 8.4, MFII, Evolver, Monomachine, Octatrack, APC40, Launchpad

refinedmusic

Post by refinedmusic » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:38 pm

I have the same problem on my brand new Intel quad core.

I have bad audio dropout and bad glitch noises (totally unusable). If I press TAB a lot Live blue screens and reboots my computer. If i run in minimized mode I have no dropouts at all. Fruity Loops 7 works fine for me.

Specs:
Intel quad Core 2.4Ghz
Asus P5k-E Wifi edition motherboard
Mushkin PC2-8500 DDR2 2Gb RAM
2x Seagate in RAID 0
Asus GeForce 8600 GTS PCI-E x16
Konnekt 24D 1.2.2 with latest fw
Novation Remote SL
Live 6.0.9
Windows XP Pro SP2

I did not have these problems on my old studio machine (AMD) with the same drivers and konnekt24D.

MarkH

Post by MarkH » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:45 pm

I've spent the last two days isolating how to make my Konnekt work in Vista.

1) Disable Aero. I know it looks nice, but this makes a world of difference by disbaling it. I think it's more related to the TC drivers than Ableton Live. Simpy right-click on your Vista desktop, Personalize, Windows Color and Appearance, set to Vista Basic.

2) Something that I think is a Live issue and not a TC issue, set Live's application priority to High. The fastest way to do this is load Live, press CTRL+ALT+DEL, Start Task Manager, Processes, right click Live 6.0.10.exe and set priority to High.

If you want to make Live always run at High priority (I recommend this!) and don't want to CTRL+ALT+DEL every time you launch Live, do the following. Right click your Live application icon and Send to Desktop (Create Shortcut). On the shortcut, right click the icon and select Properties. There is a box called Target. It probably reads something like:

"C:\Program Files\Ableton\Live 6.0.10\Program\Live 6.0.10.exe"

Change it so Target reads:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "runhigh" /high "C:\Program Files\Ableton\Live 6.0.10\Program\Live 6.0.10.exe"

This will always launch Live as a High priority application. Leave the quotes around the actual application path. Doing this in combo with disabling Aero allows me to use the TC Konnekt at a 256 ASIO buffer all the time without any glitches, crackles, or pops. It's rock solid now.

Make sure you have the latest Konnekt drivers download. Also make sure you've loaded the latest firmware! Installing the drivers places the firmware on your computers hard drive, but you still need to manually load the new fimrward using TC Near.

Regards,
Mark
--
Dell Precision 690 / 4GB Ram / Built-in FW400 port (Texas Instruments)
Windows Vista 32-bit
TC Konnekt Live (latest drivers, latest firmware)
Accidents are the portal to discovery!

jkob

Post by jkob » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:11 pm

for imac. in the firmware of the TCNear_122.dmg installing the actual firmware-display on the software of tc-mixer says 1.2.1 build 1184?? how can i update the firmware on 122-1678?
ok. i found out, that the update is only for the mixerpanel and the firmware update shows the old firmwarenumber, but its updated to the 1.22 comboupdate from tc.
a little confusing, but if this is the way, ok..

however, THE PROBLEMS ARE STILL THERE, until the tc-crew have no other update online.

gretts jkob

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:26 pm

And they don't have forum (at least that I know of) to complain and keep pressure on.
MBP OSX 10.6.8, Live 8.4, MFII, Evolver, Monomachine, Octatrack, APC40, Launchpad

refinedmusic

Post by refinedmusic » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:36 pm

This is the email reply I got from TC today, I am at work so I still haven't had a chance to test it out.

Hi,
Thank you for your mail.

A few things you should try for testing purposes.

First install these patches:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885222
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904412

Also this for dualcore systems:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896256

Optimize you system for DAW use. The following site has some great tips for DAW tuning
http://www.musicxp.net/

Then check for improvements in performance

- Go to the 'about' page in the TCNear control panel.
- Update the firmware again
- Click 'reset to default'

Check for improvements in performance
If there are no changes, please try the following

- Go to 'Start>Control Panel>Network Connections>'
- Right click and disable all available devices including the 1394 network device.

Check for improvements in performance and sound

- Go to 'Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>Sound, video and game controllers'
- Right click and disable all available hardware except TCNear

- Disable any onboard soundcards directly in BIOS
- Remove any other sound related hardware from your PC

- Go to 'Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>DVD / CD-ROM drives'
- Right click and disable all available DVD / CD-ROM drives

furn

Post by furn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:29 pm

LeifonMars wrote:And they don't have forum (at least that I know of) to complain and keep pressure on.
At least ONE guy from TC is monitoring this forum on Harmony-Central:
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/sho ... ?t=1614053

His name is Mike Martin. In his latest post, he mentionned the presence of a new forum on TC's website... should be online in mid-september.

Version 1.30 of the driver is out now. Should address some PC issues.

Good luck...

Happy Konnekt 24D/Mac user here! :D

MarkH

Post by MarkH » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:17 pm

furn wrote:
Version 1.30 of the driver is out now. Should address some PC issues.
Actually 1.30 just adds support for the new Konnekt x32 plus some additional WDM routing for non-ASIO applications.

The new TC driver for Konnekt (1.31?) is getting its digital signature from Microsoft and is due for release before the end of the month. I believe this will address a lot of lingering issues.

For me, as long as Aero is disabled then everything is fine with Vista and Live. I believe the new driver coming will address the Vista Aero issues as well as a few other things.

Regards,
Mark

st11

Post by st11 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:21 pm

I could not get my Konnekt24d to work properly.."osx 1.4.10 macbook pro"

Huge latency on audio recording, plus the DSP Effects didnt really work as desired.
i have updated the software and firmware which was a bit better.. but still no major latency improvements..

I Finally manage to figure this out..
Check my post:
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=15

Regards.
Last edited by st11 on Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MarkH

Post by MarkH » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:50 am

I returned mine. I couldn't deal with the problems any more. Looking at the TC thread on Harmony Central, TC has been promising better drivers for so long, I can't afford to gamble.