Live 6 Automap template for the Edirol PCR-M30 *updated*

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
dru

Post by dru » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:27 am

Silly question, how do I make the PCR save the preset? At the moment I have to load it into the memory every time I want to use it. It loses the data after I switch off and on. :?

hgavin

Post by hgavin » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:24 pm

dru wrote:Silly question, how do I make the PCR save the preset? At the moment I have to load it into the memory every time I want to use it. It loses the data after I switch off and on. :?
Manual pg 84: Press [edit], then [save], then [dec/inc] to select a bank, then [enter]

To select a bank press [memory], then [dec/inc] to select a bank, then [enter].

pg 93 (Startup Memory) tells how to set that memory bank as the startup one so it is selected automatically when you switch the PCR on.

Cheers,

Gavin
All the gear but no idea.

Legions of Laptops

Post by Legions of Laptops » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:51 pm

...really interesting.... I had no idea you could write a text file to make your controllers have automapping.... is it explained in the V6 manual?

comandante

Post by comandante » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:34 am

Hi, I'm new at this and I have some questions:

. What are CC's?
. What's the difference between Bank, a Memory and Program?

I've read the manuals, but it doesn't explain the differences

thanks in advance!

w00

Re: Live 6 Automap template for the Edirol PCR-M30 *updated*

Post by w00 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:45 pm

hgavin wrote: To use: unzip, and use the PCR editor to download the mapping to your PCR. Copy the PCR-M30 folder to your Ableton Remote Scripts folder. On Windows XP this is c:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Ableton\6.0.1\Preferences\User Remote Scripts

You should then be able to select PCR-M30 as a remote control surface in the Live preferences.

Cheers,

Gavin
hi,

where is that PCR-M30 folder that needs to be copied to that directory? i copied the userconfiguartion.txt from the archive here to c:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Ableton\6.0.1\Preferences\User Remote Scripts - but this wont let me select the m30 (actually i have the pcr 800here) as a remote controller. and in the remote controller directory of live there is no edirol pcr stuff :(

thx for your help

cheerio

hgavin

Re: Live 6 Automap template for the Edirol PCR-M30 *updated*

Post by hgavin » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:19 am

w00 wrote:
hgavin wrote: To use: unzip, and use the PCR editor to download the mapping to your PCR. Copy the PCR-M30 folder to your Ableton Remote Scripts folder. On Windows XP this is c:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Ableton\6.0.1\Preferences\User Remote Scripts

You should then be able to select PCR-M30 as a remote control surface in the Live preferences.

Cheers,

Gavin
hi,

where is that PCR-M30 folder that needs to be copied to that directory? i copied the userconfiguartion.txt from the archive here to c:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Ableton\6.0.1\Preferences\User Remote Scripts - but this wont let me select the m30 (actually i have the pcr 800here) as a remote controller. and in the remote controller directory of live there is no edirol pcr stuff :(

thx for your help

cheerio
Sorry, my mistake. The first time I uploaded the zip file, the included files were in a folder called PCR-M30. When I modified the files and re-zipped them, I didn't include them in folder. You can just create a folder called "c:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Ableton\6.0.1\Preferences\User Remote Scripts\PCR-M800" and copy the files into there. After restarting Live you should see it as an option.

Cheers,

Gavin

mrg.

Post by mrg. » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:33 am

Thanks a lot Gavin.
Live just got better for me ;-)

Cheers.

Sijmen.

selthym

Post by selthym » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:43 pm

How can I get the lights on buttons 1 - 6 to toggle between off and on in line with ableton (ie. if arm track 1 is on in ableton I want button 1 to be on, if arm track 2 is on button 2 = on and 1 = off)

Jules100

Post by Jules100 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:03 am

Seeing your reply to Woo can i use these settings with the pcr-300 then. Cheers for this Gavin.
This looks just like what I`ve been looking for.

nonodisco

Post by nonodisco » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:32 pm

you are a star dude, nice one!

audiofeen

edirol pcr sh*t

Post by audiofeen » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:39 pm

i have an edirol pcr m30
the some of the hi and mid keys stopped working on it..
it was about a year after i bought it when the first key
stopped then slowly more and more stopped..
at the moment i only use the control nobs and sliders..
because its just to bloody frustrating trying to play it when half the keys wont work...

my friend found forum that said something about getting a hair dryer to heat the sh*t
out of the key area. apparently there is rubber contacts for the keys and they collect
the oil and gunk off your hands...

has anyone else here had this problem or does anyone know a fix or the link to that forum ??

audiofeen
http://www.soundcloud.com/mikewolf
Live setup: Macbook pro 3ghz 16gb ram, Live 8.x.x, max 4 live, Mpc 1000, Komplete 7, Circle, Akai apc40, Motu ultralite, Krk Vxt8's, and soon a Innerclock Systems sync gen.

EddyTheEagle

Post by EddyTheEagle » Sun May 20, 2007 3:56 pm

Any chance if anyone knows what the folder in VISTA is where to put the configuration file?

UPDATE:
Found it:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 6.0.7\Preferences\User Remote Scripts
Last edited by EddyTheEagle on Sun May 20, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
---
Live 6.0.7, Acces Virus Keyboard, Korg Triton LE, Hammerfall DSP Multiface, Dynaudio BM6A, Edirol PCR-M30 and loads of cables :)

EddyTheEagle

Re: edirol pcr sh*t

Post by EddyTheEagle » Sun May 20, 2007 3:59 pm

audiofeen wrote:i have an edirol pcr m30
because its just to bloody frustrating trying to play it when half the keys wont work...

my friend found forum that said something about getting a hair dryer to heat the sh*t
out of the key area. apparently there is rubber contacts for the keys and they collect

has anyone else here had this problem or does anyone know a fix or the link to that forum ??

audiofeen
Yep, same problem here. No solution yet :(
---
Live 6.0.7, Acces Virus Keyboard, Korg Triton LE, Hammerfall DSP Multiface, Dynaudio BM6A, Edirol PCR-M30 and loads of cables :)

hgavin

Re: edirol pcr sh*t

Post by hgavin » Sun May 20, 2007 5:48 pm

audiofeen wrote:i have an edirol pcr m30

audiofeen
I had the same trouble. I took the keyboard apart, lifted the rubber contacts and cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol (the same stuff used in cassette head cleaner fluid). Worked perfectly afterwards. I had to repeat with a couple of keys about 6 months later. I think some dust and grime can get between the conductive rubber and the contacts on the circuit board.

dru

Post by dru » Wed May 30, 2007 3:03 pm

I had the exact same problem with my keyboard but as i cleaned, became worse and worse. Turns out the rubber contacts have metallic contacts on them and i was cleaning those off without knowing!

Anyway, I bought a small tub of contact grease from an electronics store and re-painted every contact on the keys and now it's like brand new again. You could probably use a metallic contact marker too. Very much worth doing..