WirelessPocketPC MIDI Controller Ended

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tbone_us

Post by tbone_us » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:58 pm

Shame nothing come of this. The idea of a controller for the Pocket Pc was very attractive. A kind of Kaoss controller to replace my existing XY Joystick, nothing complex or bloated just a simple system that creates the appropriate cc values when you run your finger across the PPC screen.

The problem with a complex manipulation system from the PPC platform is that it only allows a single XY coordinate to be registered at a single moment, this is essentially the same as moving a mouse but on a smaller screen.

GafferUK, I did see a future for this idea and having used the same midi toolkit you were using I soon found that fast changing cc midi data was too much for it to handle. Replacing it with a c++ dll for the midi and .net for the main program solved this. I think the community could quite happily support your idea but maybe if it was in a much simpler form.

Just my 2c

Clearscreen

Post by Clearscreen » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:25 am

another great idea goes wrong... or does it? i dunno - the simple idea of using your pda to control midi stuff seemed a good one, but building a whole new plugin architecture seems like reinventing the wheel. will this still be able to do the simple task of acting as a midi controller that got everyone excited in the first place? :roll:

[edit - thinking more about this, your new idea may give us more flexibility...]
Hp Elitebook 2.8Ghz. Live 7.0.14 & Live 8.1.5, XP Pro. and stuff...