Again: Group solo like in Cubase

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:46 pm

hoffman2k wrote::lol: :lol:

Just assign the same midi button to multiple solo buttons.
It'll save you 53€ ^^
WINNAR

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

dr.wackler

Post by dr.wackler » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:45 pm

It'll save you 53€ ^^
Not quite. But if your happy with that, then be.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:33 pm

dr.wackler wrote:

It'll save you 53€ ^^
Not quite. But if your happy with that, then be.
Yeah, to each his own.
I find that using a track as group master and "Midi learn" one button to the solo's of the group, is way easier then having an "intelligent" plugin adding more latency to be compensated.
My method takes 5 seconds. How long does it take to set up a group of plugins for each group?

dr.wackler

Post by dr.wackler » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:56 pm

hoffman2k wrote:Yeah, to each his own.
I find that using a track as group master and "Midi learn" one button to the solo's of the group, is way easier then having an "intelligent" plugin adding more latency to be compensated.
My method takes 5 seconds. How long does it take to set up a group of plugins for each group?
Thing is, that the soloing groups is just one little aspect of Faderworks. For me it does great duty in balancing mixes on top of already written automation for example - or in the most simple case simply lower the volume of all tracks at once to get more headroom. Things like that.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:11 pm

dr.wackler wrote:
Thing is, that the soloing groups is just one little aspect of Faderworks. For me it does great duty in balancing mixes on top of already written automation for example - or in the most simple case simply lower the volume of all tracks at once to get more headroom. Things like that.
Yeah, I was specifically going on about group solo. Since that is easy to accomplish. All you need is Live 6 and 5 seconds.

I agree that grouping faders for mixing would be useful.
There was a conversation about it, not even 2 weeks ago.
Though you might wonna skip some posts. The thread was originally a trolling thread that eventually got a bit technical ;)

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=15

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:18 am

hoffman2k wrote:
dr.wackler wrote:
Yeah, I was specifically going on about group solo. Since that is easy to accomplish. All you need is Live 6 and 5 seconds.

I agree that grouping faders for mixing would be useful.
There was a conversation about it, not even 2 weeks ago.
Though you might wonna skip some posts. The thread was originally a trolling thread that eventually got a bit technical ;)

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=15

No it wasnt a trolling thread it was an observation that stated how the company can invest so much in new offices and staff but have yet to add in a much needed feature in software thats now five years old and coming up to version 7. Look fanboy I know your the ultimate work around guy and your amazing assign a midi command to a bunch of mute swicthes is all very well in your less than dynamic world but in my very dynamic and constantly evolving mixing and writing world your fantasy is just exactly that. I would be forever changing and adding mutes to the group. You dont understand many many things about the composing of music process and thats ok but maybe you should consider the musicians who are not so in to elaborate routing configurations as you are. I actually think your using the wrong sofware I believe you would be better of with something very modular and highly adaptable to the user. A program which has much more to do with randomness and maths. Thats not an insult just an observation based on what you write.
Trollfully Yours

:twisted:
HA HA HA :twisted:

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:27 am

You have no idea what you're talking about...

Like an investment in a New York office is going to have one little tiny effect on the progress of development.

Am i using the wrong app? Maybe.
Shouldn't you be using cubase?