Looking for Virtual MIDI device driver library??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
zappen

Post by zappen » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:26 am

yup! just wondering... i'd not want to ask dumb questions but.. is it hard to write this kind of programs? do you use visual studio 2005? is it soo hard compared to programming flash's actionscript? :?

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:36 am

zappen wrote:yup! just wondering... i'd not want to ask dumb questions but.. is it hard to write this kind of programs? do you use visual studio 2005? is it soo hard compared to programming flash's actionscript? :?
Yes, i use visualStudio2005.
It's not that hard and probably easyer than flash in some ways because Visual Studio is feature rich and theres huge amount of tutorials on the net.

I tried flash few years ago, i honistly couldnt get on with it. Too much messing about with the silly timelines :(

youri

Post by youri » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:59 am

gafferuk wrote:Yes, maple should work fine. I sort of have it working with my code, just have to rename the ports and ill have my own midi inpus/outputs!!
Quite complicated but it's worth it not having to use midiYoke making it easy on the user.
Seems like you have to license it.
If you do it, could you keep me updated? (because of cost and so on...)
thx

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:21 am

youri wrote:
gafferuk wrote:Yes, maple should work fine. I sort of have it working with my code, just have to rename the ports and ill have my own midi inpus/outputs!!
Quite complicated but it's worth it not having to use midiYoke making it easy on the user.
Seems like you have to license it.
If you do it, could you keep me updated? (because of cost and so on...)
thx
Sure ill keep you posted. Im hoping it wont be no more than $20 - $30 for licence

stale bread

Post by stale bread » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:11 am

bmp
Mac, Mpc, and a Microphone

Thanks for the Slicer Abe.