small live issues

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.

small live issues

Post by guest » Sun Dec 30, 2001 2:51 am

I've had small issues with the Live browser:

* it should keep the last selected file in the browser highlighted. This is a pain when your sample library is huge. You lose your place.

* sometimes the selected file in the browser plays after you have placed it in the arranger. Occassionally I actually turn off audio preview to stop it. It does eventually stop though.

* The browser should be able to navigate up to the desktop. Its a pain having to go through to actually select it. It should also have an option like reasons to select the location of the three sample locations.

* in the arranger, they needs to be a way to audition wave files placed in your track while in clip edit view.

I have little doubt some of the things I have mentioned are probably possible I just don't know! I feel we should all post our issues up to help out ableton with what is already a wicked program!

mateo

small live issues

Post by mateo » Sun Dec 30, 2001 7:14 pm

guest wrote: * The browser should be able to navigate up to the desktop. Its a pain having to go through to actually select it. It should also have an option like reasons to select the location of the three sample locations.
If you keep pressing the up arrow (the middle icon at the top of the browser) you'll eventually get to the desktop... or do you want a button that goes straight to the desktop?

As far as the three sample locations, I find the current system works fine...

no still these issues remain

Post by guest » Tue Jan 01, 2002 5:35 am

You cannot actually go straight to the desktop using the up button, you have to actually navigate through the operating system files to get to the desktop. Once there you can set the desktop as the file browser location, but it is not saved for the next working session.

Also the file locations in live are not saved on shutdown, unlike reasons.

mateo

no still these issues remain

Post by mateo » Mon Jan 07, 2002 3:46 am

guest wrote: Also the file locations in live are not saved on shutdown, unlike reasons.
That's quite strange, because on my setup the file locations are saved...
mateo

-------------------
www.mateomurphy.com