Rack Improvements (Input Selection 4 Multi-Out Inst. Etc)

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
clayne

Post by clayne » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:53 am

I agree that this would be a great feature. It would simplify the per-drum-slot effect routing that basically everyone *wants* without having to create a bunch of audio tracks.

Here is my workaround:

1. Chain 1: Your basic impulse setup.
2. Chain 2: A copy of your basic impulse setup + effect.
3. Chain 3: A copy of your basic impulse setup + effect.

Now for chain 2 and 3, what you do is map the note zone to be ONLY the note you want to pass through. So in the case of a hi-hat effect, I map chain 2 to only allow let's say note E3. And on chain 3, I allow only note E#3. These notes correspond to individual drum notes.

Then what I do is within each impulse copy, I map each macro to individual drum sample volume and set each copy of impulse to -36 dB. That way when macro is maxed out, it's at 0 db rather than 36 dB. Then I just use the macros to control in effect, the equivalent of an aux send to each chain.

The whole method is goofy, but it does work.

onslaught

Post by onslaught » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:33 am

bump bump

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:37 pm

One of my most important wishes would be whats discussed during this post..
Nice someone bumped this...class.
OT known/reported/confirmedbugsfound (return to default rounding errors, etc) first before features but whatever...
Bump it up.
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:51 am

Yeah, I'd like to see this. Bump.

(Still like groups tracks as well, though).

condra

Post by condra » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:31 pm

Lots of the little utilities we use within racks could also be improved.

I'd like to see things like up/down buttons on the pitch device, an improved utility device, and most of all, a DJM style eq, where it is flat at 64, high pass above, and low pass below.

kinkajou

Post by kinkajou » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:49 pm

i would also like to see MIDI routing within instrument racks.
here an example:
i am using the MicroTonic as stepsequencer for Battery 3 very often.
so i have to open 2 tracks - one for the Tonic and one for the Battery... this takes too mauch time AND space so i would be glad to see that i can load just one rack where both the Tonic and the Battery are wired. 8)

edit:
i also have much more ideas/requests but for the moment i do not have the heart to ask... :oops: :wink:

kinkajou

Post by kinkajou » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:43 am

ok, here is another one:
when creating a rack and all macroknobs were programmed then i close the interfaces of all used 3rd party plugins and saving the rack.
when opening it again all 3rd party plugins popping up and show their (sometimes) ugly faces :D ;)

i want that when saving a rack there also will be saved the "last state of visibilty".

...more things to come... 8) ;)

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:43 pm

Regarding Midi Routing, def agree and I have mentioned this earlier. MultiTimbral Instruments like K2, HALion, etc. I wanna have routing so that they can be loaded on single Live Track and have keyboard split assignments to the individual channels/midi ch on the instrument. Or something like that.
kinkajou wrote:i want that when saving a rack there also will be saved the "last state of visibilty".
Yes this ones big on my list too (See if I can find the old link)
Also, this doesn't just apply to Racks or Third Party Plugs. Take Operator or Saturator for example (which have GUIs that can be minimized). After closing the "extended GUI" on these and saving as a preset, as part of a rack, etc the actual state of the GUI is not saved. So when you load it next time the GUIs will be open. Its a thing that bothers me.
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

10 Guitars

Re:

Post by 10 Guitars » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:14 pm

clayne wrote:I agree that this would be a great feature. It would simplify the per-drum-slot effect routing that basically everyone *wants* without having to create a bunch of audio tracks.

Here is my workaround:

1. Chain 1: Your basic impulse setup.
2. Chain 2: A copy of your basic impulse setup + effect.
3. Chain 3: A copy of your basic impulse setup + effect.

Now for chain 2 and 3, what you do is map the note zone to be ONLY the note you want to pass through. So in the case of a hi-hat effect, I map chain 2 to only allow let's say note E3. And on chain 3, I allow only note E#3. These notes correspond to individual drum notes.

Then what I do is within each impulse copy, I map each macro to individual drum sample volume and set each copy of impulse to -36 dB. That way when macro is maxed out, it's at 0 db rather than 36 dB. Then I just use the macros to control in effect, the equivalent of an aux send to each chain.

The whole method is goofy, but it does work.

This des seem like a good way to get around this but wouldnt using mutiple Impulses take up more CPU power?