FS - FXpansion's Guru for Sale

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
zfigz

FS - FXpansion's Guru for Sale

Post by zfigz » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:37 am

I'm selling my license for Guru for $175 ($75 off the regular price) or your best offer. It'll come with the manual (perfect shape), box, and the Guru install disk. For those of you on mac-intel computers, they have a beta out that works just as well as the official release. Let me know if you're interested ASAP.

PM me.

Best,
zfigz
Last edited by zfigz on Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

jamester

Post by jamester » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:07 pm

Does FXpansion allow license transfers?

I might be interested, but $150 is the Academic pricing, so you'd have to beat that.

Why don't you like it? I'll admit I had the demo for a long time, and couldn't really come to grips with it (as far as sequencing an actual song goes). Yet now that I don't have it I miss it...
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

zfigz

Post by zfigz » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:20 pm

I'll let ya know if no one messages me within' a week...

I'm not a fan of FXpansion. I asked for a educational discount during the beginning of August and they said they didn't offer an educational discount. Now suddenly they do?

Hmmf, ok I'll give ya the heads up if no one buys it and offer it to ya for a good price.

zfigz

Post by zfigz » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:39 pm

jamester wrote:I might be interested, but $150 is the Academic pricing, so you'd have to beat that.
I just contacted FXpansion and Angus, the CEO, said they don't have a published educational discount of $150. Just wanted to point out that you were wrong there and that my price is actually competitive as is.

It's not that I don't like Guru, but it's that I need the money. I really enjoyed using Guru though I found there was quite a lot of clicking to do simple things like edit pads etc. It's amazing for making kits out of loops on the fly.

jamester

Post by jamester » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:28 pm

Yeah, you're right! Funny, I could've sworn I saw it at Academic Superstore for $150, but upon checking it seems it is $240...a whopping $10 off? Wierd. One could get a better deal at a Guitar Center.

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/marke ... tNo=736011

I stand corrected, you're price is fair! :)
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

zfigz

Post by zfigz » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:16 pm

It's going down to $175

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:03 am

I was seriously considering getting Guru. But since the demo will not load/install on my Mac I'm not even bothering with Fxpansion period. Everything else I put on my Mac works fine, so............. One less customer they will have.

zfigz

Post by zfigz » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:42 pm

bump . . . anyone?

mercyplease

Re: FS - FXpansion's Guru for Sale

Post by mercyplease » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:50 pm

zfigz wrote:I'm selling my license for Guru for $200 ($50 off the regular price) or your best offer. It'll come with the manual (perfect shape), box, and the Guru install disk. For those of you on mac-intel computers, they have a beta out that works just as well as the official release. Let me know if you're interested ASAP.

PM me.

Best,
zfigz
So you put an ad on the main page and started bumping it. I will now comment on your impending sale. YOur a tight arse!! you give a massive massive u- heard of $50 off the price.
Are you sure you can manage this, dont you want a lie down and a little thinky about it/ Seriously dude thats a shite price and an insult.
You should be selling at half price at the very least.
HA HA HA :twisted:

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:55 pm

mercyplease wrote:
zfigz wrote:I'm selling my license for Guru for $200 ($50 off the regular price) or your best offer. It'll come with the manual (perfect shape), box, and the Guru install disk. For those of you on mac-intel computers, they have a beta out that works just as well as the official release. Let me know if you're interested ASAP.

PM me.

Best,
zfigz
So you put an ad on the main page and started bumping it. I will now comment on your impending sale. YOur a tight arse!! you give a massive massive u- heard of $50 off the price.
Are you sure you can manage this, dont you want a lie down and a little thinky about it/ Seriously dude thats a shite price and an insult.
:lol:

Mercy you are TOO WILD! :P

ajstrax

Post by ajstrax » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:02 pm

I actually really like Guru, but I hear the money thing dude - hard sometimes. In reply to someone's earlier post, the next update is said to include MPC style "song mode" for creating full beats - that will make Guru much more useful. 8O (no reason for the face, just like it).
Live 6, MV8800, Moog Phatty, Guru, KRK Rokit 5's

zfigz

Post by zfigz » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:48 pm

mercyplease wrote:So you put an ad on the main page and started bumping it. I will now comment on your impending sale. YOur a tight arse!! you give a massive massive u- heard of $50 off the price.
Well...I just purchased it in August, so I don't wanna lose a load of cash if I don't have to. It's in perfect condition and you're saving $75 off the retail...I think that's a good deal...

mercy, I don't understand why someone would take time out of their day to ridicule someone else for trying to sell something if the one ridiculing isn't even going to buy it in the first place.?.?

Either way, it's still up for sale. $175 . . .

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:30 pm

he's not trying to ridicule you, he's trying to help you.

it would take two tight-arses to complete the transaction at that price.
spreader of butter

zfigz

Post by zfigz » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:01 am

b0unce wrote:it would take two tight-arses to complete the transaction at that price.
uh, don't you mean it would take one tight-arse and one loose-arse to complete the transaction?

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:11 am

not really...I wouldnt buy a transferred license unless it was a really decent price. For the sake of saving around $50 I'd much rather buy it new. Maybe I want to sell the license, or maybe I will need an extra authorisation or something - I dont want the serial red-flagged already cos its a transferred license, using one of your 'lives' if you will.

If the price is right tho, I'd do it.

Someone who'd go through that for the sake of saving around $50 is a tight arse in my opinion, or maybe they never plan to transfer the license or ask for another authorisation or something.

I dunno, time will tell....lets see what you eventually sell it for.
spreader of butter