looking for a good synth to emulate fart sounds

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gloomer

Post by gloomer » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:58 pm

How stupid.

I'm sorry farts belong in the bathroom not in music.

AGH WTF sick..

Am I the only guy not comfortable with this??

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:59 pm

gloomer wrote:How stupid.

AGH WTF sick..

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46826

rsagevik

Post by rsagevik » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:00 pm

Play wrote:Hmmm...

Been recording your own farts huh?

One good reason never to buy a used mic on eBay!!
:D

D DAS

Re: looking for a good synth to emulate fart sounds

Post by D DAS » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:25 pm

knotkranky wrote:
D DAS wrote:i need a synth (soft or hard) that can really squeeze out some farts. everything from soft delicate farts to rough rumbly farts.

i know what you are thinking, just sample your own farts and use those, but i have already, i have a whole fart load of farts mapped out in a sampler. i want to do a nice fart track that blends acoustic organic farts with cutting edge elektrik farts. the hip hop remix of the track will focus more on the acoustic farts and the more upbeat tekno remix will rely on the electro farts that the fart synth can create. the actual track its self will be an even mix of both acoustic and synth generated farts layed into a nice deep funky house track celebrating the gift of fart.

so please, were to go on this one. i thought NI with all of their selections would have a farktor or something available but no such luck. and operator i see has no fart presets.

help please.

d~
I happen to have some of the finest recorded farts around, imho.

4 different musicians on a perfect vintage Elam Telefunken 251 into a

vintage Neve 1081, to a vintage La2a, straight wired to a panasonic 3800.

That's a $22,000 signal chain in one of the finest studios in L.A. 4 minutes in total. Very nice. No joke.

One fartist has the longest, most intense farts in fart history, which could be used
for some fart pads. I could be convinced to throw them up on my ftp, but I may need to
contact ascap and clear the farts. This is serious stuff. If any farts are recognized
in your fart art, there would be hell to pay. Or maybe we should have our
fart publishers hash it out. Anyway, it's about as fine as fart quality can get. Interested?

omfg rolling on the floor laughing. that is a world class response to a nice stinky thread. are you serious? i want those farts. the fart track has been a novel idea for to long now. time to revolutionize music and bring it to life int he fartiest of fashions.

maybe it will catch on and artist all over the world of all genre's will start to incorporate farts into their music. sting or madonna or anyone could sing and have their own ass doing the back up farts. it would be great to end your show with a thank you and good night and then a big fart into the mic. god, i can smell it happening already.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:45 pm

D DAS wrote:
knotkranky wrote:
D DAS wrote:i need a synth (soft or hard) that can really squeeze out some farts. everything from soft delicate farts to rough rumbly farts.

i know what you are thinking, just sample your own farts and use those, but i have already, i have a whole fart load of farts mapped out in a sampler. i want to do a nice fart track that blends acoustic organic farts with cutting edge elektrik farts. the hip hop remix of the track will focus more on the acoustic farts and the more upbeat tekno remix will rely on the electro farts that the fart synth can create. the actual track its self will be an even mix of both acoustic and synth generated farts layed into a nice deep funky house track celebrating the gift of fart.

so please, were to go on this one. i thought NI with all of their selections would have a farktor or something available but no such luck. and operator i see has no fart presets.

help please.

d~

That's a $22,000 signal chain in one of the finest studios in L.A. 4 minutes in total. Very nice. No joke.

One fartist has the longest, most intense farts in fart history, which could be used
for some fart pads. I could be convinced to throw them up on my ftp, but I may need to
contact ascap and clear the farts. This is serious stuff. If any farts are recognized
fart publishers hash it out. Anyway, it's about as fine as fart quality can get. Interested?

omfg rolling on the floor laughing. that is a world class response to a nice stinky thread. are you serious? i want those farts. the fart track has been a novel idea for to long now. time to revolutionize music and bring it to life int he fartiest of fashions.

maybe it will catch on and artist all over the world of all genre's will start to incorporate farts into their music. sting or madonna or anyone could sing and have their own ass doing the back up farts. it would be great to end your show with a thank you and good night and then a big fart into the mic. god, i can smell it happening already.
Yeah, I'm dead serious. I've been waiting for a true fartisan to put this to serious use. You definitely have the feart to do it right.

I'm in the middle of some work right now but i'll pm you tonight or tomorrow with the ftp pass. Just keep this believer posted.

Now, this is a difficult proposition and requires much more dedication, but have you considered a shart record. Oh the potential.

dango

Post by dango » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:23 am

knotkranky wrote:

help please.

d~

Where art thou fart sounds mr kranky?

dango

Post by dango » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:24 am

rbmonosylabik wrote:Oh, kind sir, I have exactly what you need...

...give me a sec...

...hmmm...

...AHA!!!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/fartboard.html
nice one, my soundcard smells now.

fart remix contest. bring it.

The Revrend

Post by The Revrend » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:32 pm

gloomer wrote:How stupid.

AGH WTF sick..

I disagree

See

SNOG - Planet of Shit (Blacklung Remix)

The farting synthlines fit the title perfectly. It's also a hell of a good dance track. . .

Rev
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400 Toledo Core // 2 GB of Corsair XMS // WD Raptor "X" 1500 // Creative X-Fi Professional // EVGA GeForce 7900GT 256MB // G5 Laser Mouse // Viewsonic VX922 LCD Monitor // Coolermaster Ammo 533 Case

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:11 pm

help please.

d~
Eazy.

You can do this on almost all synths. You need a saw oscilator, an lfo that can modulate pitch, and a high pass filter.
Set an lfo to modulate the saw oscilators pitch, with a sine wave. Use a high pass filter.

Thats all.

Modulate the lfo frequency and the high pass filter cutof to make it expressive! This is basic dark-psy sounds ;-)

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:28 am

ze2be wrote:

help please.

d~
Eazy.

You can do this on almost all synths. You need a saw oscilator, an lfo that can modulate pitch, and a high pass filter.
Set an lfo to modulate the saw oscilators pitch, with a sine wave. Use a high pass filter.

Thats all.

Modulate the lfo frequency and the high pass filter cutof to make it expressive! This is basic dark-psy sounds ;-)
Very close, but you also need to have a touch of white noise to round it out.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:41 am

dango wrote:
knotkranky wrote:

help please.

d~

Where art thou fart sounds mr kranky?

Oh shit, almost missed this post. Ok dango, Gimme a day or two. You gotta post the track on this thread though. Deal ?

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:31 am

actually, ive always wanted to make a drum and bass song, that instead of a really mean bass it was a sinister subterrainian choking fart to (w)reak havok onto anyone who dared listen

i want some of those fart samples too if u dont mind, knot :wink:

gexe

Post by gexe » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:21 am

you might be able to get some fartiness outa the FM modulator in Glitch. that thing sounds kinda fart anyway :) that that thing is a filter and you would still have to run some sound through it. its not gona make the sound for you.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:47 am

pulsoc wrote:
ze2be wrote:

help please.

d~
Eazy.

Thats all.

Very close, but you also need to have a touch of white noise to round it out.
Shure. Though it depends if you want it wet or dry! :-P

spiral

Post by spiral » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:49 am

lol

:lol: