Dj Controller for ableton : ) !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
phatline

Post by phatline » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:08 pm

Dj-Grobe wrote:EQ3 its fixed, and fix its avilable in the next version.

About midi click. you need configure the midi YOKE to input 1 and 2 and output 3 for skip midi cycle.
OK, this is in function, but I must set the input outoput set by every program start- It dont memorize the settings- thats boring...

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:10 pm

I work on that in the future......
Hey pathline that not its the end of the world : )

Patience : )

From now, you can leave setup midiyoke to chanell 1 and 2 on ableton, and midi yoke on 3 for midi output.
MTL retain all time that configuration.

style_riser

Post by style_riser » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:50 pm

Would you build a car and call it "Ford Rusty?" Or hows about "Ford Gas Guzzler"? Why call your product a name that suggests it weakness?

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:20 am

Don't be cruel, he might be disabled?

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:51 am

Jajaja im not are disabled, but some guys with trouble can be.
Anyway if not like this project and you have the money for xone 3d or the wonderfull lemur.........go ahead...... :) i not have...... like other guys for taht reason this project born.......for me its util, very usefull, and its possible for other guys too.

For people want usefull remplacement of mouse, durable and versatile this is solution, and be more usefull across the 2007 when some cheap multitouchscreen see the light : )
This software have only 4 months of live, and i continue adding features and making better day by day.
You not like, its ok......but its alternative, porr, bad goo, brilliant stupid......etc etc but its alternative like the project of gafferuk : )

style_riser try to be more positive : )

Happy new years guys !
Last edited by Dj-Grobe on Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gafferuk

Post by gafferuk » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:26 am

I was only joking...

Your app is ok, does need xtra features though like record control movements, ganging controls, lfo's and new idea suggeted to me in the forum, pattern sequancers!

Keep up the work, it;s healthy.

It will be some years before we see multi-touch monitors, standards need to be devoloped, drivers ect, takes time for that and cost a lot of money for a year or 2.
Im guessing your using visual c++? The way mouse down, move and up works within your app it would be easyer to do a total rewrite, but hey you never know...

glysigakis

Post by glysigakis » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:51 pm

sorry guys , i haven't read the whole topic , does anyone can give us a demonstration of this controller?Any videos or something else?
Thanks a lot and sorry again.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:30 pm

This its vide created for user called pathline from germany:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjRKLHUqYAE

In the video he use old version, with some bugs already corrected.
n the vidoe you can see he can drag sometimes correctly the red balls, that its not software trouble, he use resistive tocuhscreen.
I recomend saw touchscreen due its amazing sensitivity and you no loose the drag of things.

Now i working with this guy for add to monotouchlibe second contolelr part......the synth contoll : )
I ask to pathline, if he can crate new video with the next version i relase, soon, i make full video soon, but form now not have time for that, form now you have this little video demo, relased the first time pathline start use monotouch : )

Best regards.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:32 pm

ABout multitouch, microsoft relase dsk for multiple pointer soon, the next month : )
After this all things start change in the world.

robbmasters

Post by robbmasters » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:50 pm

style_riser wrote:Would you build a car and call it "Ford Rusty?" Or hows about "Ford Gas Guzzler"? Why call your product a name that suggests it weakness?
Have you told Elektron to rename their Monomachine too? Despite the "limitation" in the name, the keyboard version still retails at almost $2,000... ;)
OS X, Live 9, Microbook II

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:06 pm

style_riser wrote:
Would you build a car and call it "Ford Rusty?" Or hows about "Ford Gas Guzzler"? Why call your product a name that suggests it weakness?

Because, the first question to everybody when i start with this, its multitouch....its multitouch....its multitouch......

Im little tired of answer the same, for that reason i be very clear MONOTOUCHLIVE , just for that reason.

I can use some rare name, for try increase the sells, lol, but my intention in this project, its make my own controller, that its the primary reason of all this, thi priority here not is make money.
Anyway if can earn few dollars its ok........why not?

The first stage end, and now move to make more improvements and changes and new features for make more compatible with more people.

Th first intention of this its not a comercial project, if i plain sell only, lol i make better web page, use another name for software, find some guy for make correct translations etc etc etc.

Now i investigating a lot about of automap and other features, if anyone know exactly how work, i apreciate any info, that can be nice feature.

glysigakis

Post by glysigakis » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:03 pm

Dj-Grobe wrote:This its vide created for user called pathline from germany:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjRKLHUqYAE

In the video he use old version, with some bugs already corrected.
n the vidoe you can see he can drag sometimes correctly the red balls, that its not software trouble, he use resistive tocuhscreen.
I recomend saw touchscreen due its amazing sensitivity and you no loose the drag of things.

Now i working with this guy for add to monotouchlibe second contolelr part......the synth contoll : )
I ask to pathline, if he can crate new video with the next version i relase, soon, i make full video soon, but form now not have time for that, form now you have this little video demo, relased the first time pathline start use monotouch : )

Best regards.
Are you sure that this is the correct video?I didnt see any Monotouch controller.

Nogi

Post by Nogi » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:38 pm

Try this one from earlier in this thread: http://www.myvideo.de/watch/472464

glysigakis

Post by glysigakis » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:21 pm

Thanks a lot , this was just what i want.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:21 pm

The video its ok, thankyou to pathline,
Anyway show some fails, one, when he try drag red balls, due he use resistive touchscreen, the drag fail, that not ist software trouble.
The resitive its ok, but you can have troubles like that when try drag wit resistives touch screens.

For that reason dont forgot, saw its the best sensitivity option.
Capacitive can be great too, but deform the image a lot, and not its very durable.

On the video the circular knobs present a trouble when try move, but that its fixed, and with saw touch, like i say before... haveperfect results.