5.2.1. NOT RECOGNISING VST FOLDER OF ANY DESCRIPTION!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
hortonjupiter

5.2.1. NOT RECOGNISING VST FOLDER OF ANY DESCRIPTION!

Post by hortonjupiter » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:29 pm

and i have agig sunday! help!!

horton x
HAIL ERIS!

1.8 GHZ intel macbook, 1ghz RAM, Ableton 6.0, Wiebetech combo GB ext HD, EDIROL FA-66 et-bleedin'cetera
midi f***ed too!

annihilator.1

Post by annihilator.1 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:39 am

more info!

Have you selected a folder in preferences?
Does live scan any vst's while loading?
Have you clicked on the vst tab in the browser?

etc,etc....

I can't help but nobody will with no info.

hortonjupiter

oh yeah!!

Post by hortonjupiter » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:14 am

sorry - i bought a brand new intel mac yestreday, macbook 1.8 ghz. i have scannned and re-scanned and re-scanned and moved and cajoled the vst stuff i the prefeerences folder, but to no avail. i tried to fix the permissions, and oe of them was indeed the vst folder, but no luck there either.
oh, and it does scan the vsts when loading, and again if i click option re-scn, but nothing appears i the browser, not even the vsts i just dowloaded that say they are compatible with intel macs.

computers huh?

horton x
HAIL ERIS!

1.8 GHZ intel macbook, 1ghz RAM, Ableton 6.0, Wiebetech combo GB ext HD, EDIROL FA-66 et-bleedin'cetera
midi f***ed too!

rotoshake

Post by rotoshake » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:55 am

I just bought a new macbook pro and i'm having the same issue. Live 5.2 refuses to recognize plugins, au's and vsts. Any news on how to fix this?

hortonjupiter

vst recognition

Post by hortonjupiter » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:54 am

mine recognises audio units, but not so much as the vst folder.
computers are ace.
if you have any luck, lemme kow, i'll do the same.
HAIL ERIS!

midi f***ed too!

vdrum

Post by vdrum » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:22 am

Put my name on the list" MacBookPro...only sees one of the VST system folders and REFUSES to see a custom one I put on the dasktop.

????
eDrummer: Roland Vdrum kit Live 8/ MacBookPro 2.5 mhz & 2gb. Motu Ultralite.. Homemade midi-triggering pad for LIVE's filters , clips , & record buttons. Hopelessly hooked on live looping.

bobaphat

Post by bobaphat » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:25 am

Looks like you have to learn it the hard way to,,,,

An Universal Binarie application can only read UB supportive software, os if your plugins are not in UB format, forget it,,, ableton will not load it

This pissed me off to when i found it out last week, this whole dual core bullshiat realy drives us in a corner dont it.....
mu mu music is the key

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:17 am

yup, only ub plugs will be seen in live.

I can't believe how many people have this problem when they know they are getting into universal binary it seems to me I would have investigated things like this before getting involved.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

hortonjupiter

nope it's worse than that.....

Post by hortonjupiter » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:37 pm

i have deliberately d/loaded some universal binary vsts, and still...nothing...ableton keep telling me that i can only use universal biary plugs, and even where i should place my vst folder.....!!!&&(*&^$&%$%£$!@$!$@?!?!?!?

anybody got ay ideas?

horton xx xxx
HAIL ERIS!

midi f***ed too!

farjone

hmmmmmmmm

Post by farjone » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:20 pm

hello

did you find a solution ?

because on my MacPro, i have the same problem
BUT IT'S NOT A QUESTION OF "UB", because plug are running in my Live 5.0.3

it's a question of Live 5.2
and probably in live 6, because i try demo, and scan, scan, re-scan wtihout any results...

T

Adam @ Ableton

Post by Adam @ Ableton » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:39 pm

farjone, please see my reply to your issue in the other thread.
Adam Jay Southerland
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

daub

Post by daub » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:53 pm

this is ridiculous, 1st vst plug-ins get replaced with audio units in logic, now nothing works in ableton and ableton performs like a piece of shit because it doesnt deal with dual core! i'm on the verge of getting a PC!!!! i'm serious.
Is there some sort of wrapper we can download to sort this?

Johnisfaster

Re: hmmmmmmmm

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:57 pm

farjone wrote:hello

did you find a solution ?

because on my MacPro, i have the same problem
BUT IT'S NOT A QUESTION OF "UB", because plug are running in my Live 5.0.3

it's a question of Live 5.2
and probably in live 6, because i try demo, and scan, scan, re-scan wtihout any results...

T
in 5.0.3 your non UB plugins would run because live was running in rosetta. in 5.2 that changed and you would be running in UB. some of you may have a problem with UB's some of you may have another problem but everyone needs to understand the issue that NON UB PLUGGINS WILL NOT WORK FOR INTEL MACS unless your program is running in rosetta.

you shouldn't buy a computer with a new operating system before you understand what that means to your music environment to be honost. not trying to be mean or anything.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

daub

Post by daub » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:14 am

you shouldn't buy a computer with a new operating system before you understand what that means to your music environment to be honost. not trying to be mean or anything.[/quote]

its not a mean comment at all. i get the idea that on the whole, ableton is performing better on PCs, would you agree to that?

ALABAMA

Post by ALABAMA » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:22 am

IT works fine with powermac we just tour'd it uk and ireland no probs,