ot: leave robtronik alone

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
The Phat Conductor

ot: leave robtronik alone

Post by The Phat Conductor » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:34 pm

i'm as much of a conspiracy buff as any of you, but intolerance is not cool.

respecting the right to free thought is essential to any community. the ableton board is no exception.
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

dj superflat

Post by dj superflat » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:36 pm

he's asking for it -- how dare he try to engage in a good faith discussion of issues that interest him? and even worse, dare not to agree with the party line? shameless.

kennerb

Re: ot: leave robtronik alone

Post by kennerb » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:44 pm

The Phat Conductor wrote:i'm as much of a conspiracy buff as any of you, but intolerance is not cool.

respecting the right to free thought is essential to any community. the ableton board is no exception.
I second that D-man. Singling someone out and not allowing them their two cents is putting you firmly in the court of "them". A closed mind is a closed mind no matter what is under the lid.

Besides we should be behaving like a good autonomous collective as part of an anarcho-syndicalist commune lest the knights who formerly said neee opress us!
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:48 pm

kennerb wrote: Besides we should be behaving like a good autonomous collective as part of an anarcho-syndicalist commune lest the knights who formerly said neee opress us!
hey... that sounded more like an order than advice... i think i'll have to form some sort of decentralized focus groups to see if this degree of 'leadership' is compatible with our autonomous ideals...

noo--- er... nee!
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:54 pm

+ 1

Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm

dj superflat

Post by dj superflat » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:01 pm

funny you should mention it -- i'm part of the autonomous dj collective (seriously). hadn't notice the monty python connection.

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:14 pm

The Phat Conductor wrote:
kennerb wrote: Besides we should be behaving like a good autonomous collective as part of an anarcho-syndicalist commune lest the knights who formerly said neee opress us!
hey... that sounded more like an order than advice... i think i'll have to form some sort of decentralized focus groups to see if this degree of 'leadership' is compatible with our autonomous ideals...

noo--- er... nee!
'

You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship: a self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes... ahh forget it.

It was an order by the king who was deemed so by a watery tart lobbing scimitars. Now bring me a shrubbery!

Ecky-ecky-ecky-ecky-p'tang-zoo-boing-goodem-zu-owly-zhiv.
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:36 pm

The Phat Conductor wrote:i'm as much of a conspiracy buff as any of you, but intolerance is not cool.

yes singling out and attacking someone is senseless, if we can't share our ideas how is anybody supposed to learn..

if your trying to single-out somebody and belittle them you might as well be on the side with the power-mongers
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

dj superflat

Post by dj superflat » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:38 pm

group hug!!!!!!

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:14 pm

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:21 pm

eeewwwwww :lol:
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

robtronik

Post by robtronik » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:07 am

I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not seriously worried about being called out on the carpet by anyone as long as it doesn't center on personal attacks.

At the very least it means you might be having an effect on particular people with the hopeful outcome of causing people to think about their positions.

nothing is harder than changing one's mind about something if you believe you are right, so often times people react badly to that internal process. I know I have a hard time with it. So, I think this kind of thing comes with the territory if you engage in substantive and worthwhile conversation.

Its a worthwhile price to pay, IMO.

But hey, how about those Crossfader curves in the beta?! LOVE IT. :)

rob.
http://www.robtronik.com | DJ Mixes, Blogtronik, Event Schedule

forge

Post by forge » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:46 am

ah dont take it to heart

it's worth rremembering jamief is a Scot - and if you know any Scot's you'll realise that being singled out and abused by them is a sign of affection

My mother is from Glasgow and last time I saw her I think her first words to me were "Jesus I cant believe how fukn fat you've got, yer look like Johnny Vegas!"

this is Johnny Vegas:

http://www.newfunnystuff.com/pages/s/drunk-johnny.htm

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:46 am

forge wrote:My mother is from Glasgow and last time I saw her I think her first words to me were "Jesus I cant believe how fukn fat you've got, yer look like Johnny Vegas!"

this is Johnny Vegas:

She's got a point... /ducks :wink:
Image Image

forge

Post by forge » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:49 am

polyslax wrote:
forge wrote:My mother is from Glasgow and last time I saw her I think her first words to me were "Jesus I cant believe how fukn fat you've got, yer look like Johnny Vegas!"

this is Johnny Vegas:

She's got a point... /ducks :wink:
did you play the game?