Hasta la vista, vista......

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Digi V

Post by Digi V » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:30 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
hambone1 wrote:Something tells me that a quad-core Xenon Mac Pro workstation running Leopard is gonna rock...

I'm still gonna wait for the 2nd generation workstations to replace my aging G5 tower. I don't do hardware beta testing!
You don't have to test anything. Just wait and see what Adam does :wink:
He's the groundhog of macs. If he doesn't see his shadow when he emerges from his hole (or studio), then it's time to get a new mac.
haahahaha.

i hope leopard has a new finder, maybe an updated ichat, more spotlight integration, what else? i dunno but its gonna rock.

gates put some money into apple when they brought steve back, to my knowledge a majority of those shares have been bought back already.

also, leopard will come with the 'boot' software preinstalled and the consensus is that vista will be able to run on it.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:43 pm

Digi V wrote:i hope leopard has a new finder, maybe an updated ichat, more spotlight integration, what else? i dunno but its gonna rock.
From MacRumors: "Perhaps the most corroborated claims are ones of Apple's iChat 4.0. Appleinsider claimed that iChat 4.0 will incorporate the ability to call traditional phone lines much like existing Voice over IP services, with similar reports elsewhere on the web."

Will be useful for collaborating...

glu

Post by glu » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:33 pm

I like the idea of a black 20" imac....doubtful though
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

Digi V

Post by Digi V » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:49 pm

hambone1 wrote:
Digi V wrote:i hope leopard has a new finder, maybe an updated ichat, more spotlight integration, what else? i dunno but its gonna rock.
From MacRumors: "Perhaps the most corroborated claims are ones of Apple's iChat 4.0. Appleinsider claimed that iChat 4.0 will incorporate the ability to call traditional phone lines much like existing Voice over IP services, with similar reports elsewhere on the web."

Will be useful for collaborating...
they need to do something to the ichat interface cuz its ugly, not very creative, and very limited.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:01 pm

sqook wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:Little bird told me that.....

jeez? this is so weird I don't believe it myself??.... anyway someone I know at Apple actually believes that there was a secret conversation between Bill Gates and Jobs, on the fact that Whine for OSX is dammed near perfect..... Wine is a Windows emulator for Linux, Wine allows Windows apps to run in OSX like native apps.
If you'd ever used Wine under either linux or mac osx, you'd see the very gaping hole in this story that leads me to question this anecdote. ;)
Hey no problem, the little trail off ...... was where I shortened the story. Jobs supposedly confronted Gates with a version of Wine that was developed by Apple internally, total integration.
It's all just weird Apple rumors, but it does seem possible from a technological standpoint.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:09 pm

My guess is quads are announced today.

Along with 64 bit intel chips, and of course Leopard.

Plus a new iLife app, iSuck. :twisted:

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:27 pm

leopard will run most windows apps with thanks to a transparently locked in virtualization engine.

marky

Post by marky » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:29 pm

The apple mail tool is still kind of crappy .. I'd like to see it upgraded in Leopard.
Awright Bawjaws, that smells lovely son, gies a wee taste!
--------------------------------
www.myspace.com/interposition

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:34 pm

Ooh. well if we're guessing....

There will be a quad-core mac pro. Which leads me to believe that there will be a new model called the "mac"...
A big fuzz about how well the transition went. Perhaps an announcement by Adobe to back that up...
And new macbooks in september. Where they will also announce an ipod that is also a cell phone and allows you to spend money on itunes from the comfort of a cave...

But what i'm really hoping for is that bloody tablet :D
As expensive as the lemur no doubt... But it can run leopard ;)

heh... rumors...
25 more minutes till we know.

Apocrypha

Post by Apocrypha » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:45 pm

Apple is just taking a stab at Microsoft with the "Hasta La Vista, Vista" phrase and the "Mac OS X Leopard -- Introducing Vista 2.0." Vista isn't out yet so Apple is claiming that Leopard is already way ahead of Vista.
Dual 2.5gig G5 with 2.5g/ram, DP 4.6, Live 6, Kontakt, Battery, Guitar Rig, EWQLSO Gold, Ivory, Pluggo, Waves, Tritone Digital, PSP, tons of free plug-ins, DFHS, BFD, Event ASP8's, Trigger Finger.....and a bunch of other shite.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:48 pm

Apocrypha wrote:Apple is just taking a stab at Microsoft with the "Hasta La Vista, Vista" phrase and the "Mac OS X Leopard -- Introducing Vista 2.0." Vista isn't out yet so Apple is claiming that Leopard is already way ahead of Vista.
Afaik, vista has been available for a while to be beta tested...
Microsoft even invites hackers to join the testing team.

I think i even read somewhere that they got it running on an intel mac.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:02 pm

sweetjesus wrote:leopard will run most windows apps with thanks to a transparently locked in virtualization engine.
Yeah, like I said, something similar to Wine, but embedded in the OS.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:03 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
sweetjesus wrote:leopard will run most windows apps with thanks to a transparently locked in virtualization engine.
Yeah, like I said, something similar to Wine, but embedded in the OS.
Will i be able to play San Andreas? :lol:

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:06 pm

If Apple could take just one note from Windows, it would be to ditch this whole cat-based OS name thing. It was a relief when Windows ditched the year thing (Win95, 98, ect...). But this fucking cat thing is confusing as hell.

Lepoard. Tiger. Uhh, the one before that... Panther, I think. And Jaguar was after that.... what the hell? I hate it.

In the end they'll be left with Bobcat and have nowhere else to turn.

Apocrypha

Post by Apocrypha » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:12 pm

Sales Dude McBoob wrote:If Apple could take just one note from Windows, it would be to ditch this whole cat-based OS name thing. It was a relief when Windows ditched the year thing (Win95, 98, ect...). But this fucking cat thing is confusing as hell.

Lepoard. Tiger. Uhh, the one before that... Panther, I think. And Jaguar was after that.... what the hell? I hate it.

In the end they'll be left with Bobcat and have nowhere else to turn.
I really just waiting for Mac OSX "Pussy" 10.6.9
Last edited by Apocrypha on Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dual 2.5gig G5 with 2.5g/ram, DP 4.6, Live 6, Kontakt, Battery, Guitar Rig, EWQLSO Gold, Ivory, Pluggo, Waves, Tritone Digital, PSP, tons of free plug-ins, DFHS, BFD, Event ASP8's, Trigger Finger.....and a bunch of other shite.