Will Live 6 Retain Midi Assignments?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Kodama

Will Live 6 Retain Midi Assignments?

Post by Kodama » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:14 pm

I wish there was a way to permanently assign midi controls to say - Operator or Sampler and have them recalled each time you select the device.

I have an X-Station and it's got tons of sliders & knobs set to CC#'s.

I would love to have it mapped to Operator, but Live 5 has this skitzo way of mapping midi remote controls.

If you ever add another Operator, you have to map it all over again.

If you ever accidentally delete your instance of Operator, you have to map it all over again.

Is the only solution to buy an AutoMap controller (which I can't afford) ?

Or does Live 6 fix this?

:?:
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:34 pm

Oh, and did Ableton finally add Aftertouch so I don't have to "fake" it with PD?
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:01 pm

1st mess: I'm with you!

2nd mess: Wouldn't aftertouch be synth dependent. Or what do you mean...?

Regards,
Mikael

deva

Post by deva » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:59 pm

Lo-Fi Massahkah wrote:
2nd mess: Wouldn't aftertouch be synth dependent. Or what do you mean...?

Regards,
Mikael

Turn on midi learn, select the filter in Operator, you cannot control it with Aftertouch

Midi learn in Live does not see aftertouch

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:04 pm

deva wrote:Midi learn in Live does not see aftertouch

Exactly, but if you trick live by putting a program that can convert aftertouch to a CC# (like PD/midipipe, etc..) inbetween Live & your controller, it works fine.

While we're at it, I wonder if Live 6 will now record CC# automation in arrange mode without having to trick it?

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:10 pm

And I think the final thing I hope is that 6 has an easier sample export.

I was really hoping for drag & drop in the browser, but that looks like a nope.

joesapo

Post by joesapo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:04 pm

I'm actually more interested in hearing if Live 6 will retain the MIDI clock delay setting in the prefs.

Sucks having to reset it every time I load up Live...

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:48 pm

Ya, anyone in alpha wanna answer this?

:D

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:23 pm

i think it's no to all the questions (don't know about the midi clock thing though).
BUT
with the instrument racks, i think it will be easier to map midi: you can map the 8 "macro" dials to your most used parameters in operator, and midi map them easily.
a kind of shortcut for mapping.

i'm also annoyed that midi mappings can't be saved, but well, that's how it is.
i think some improvement in remote controlers management is under way. don't know what it's about yet.

CopyRightJustice

Post by CopyRightJustice » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:16 am

Along with prog change being able to save midi mapping is a big wish for me, rather than assingning on the fly I like my setup to be the the same every time so I know where everything is, this is what i miss most from the days of hardware.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:17 pm

So no aftertouch and no recording of CC# automation in arrange mode?

That's just retarded if true :?