Live 6 review - part 1

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:45 pm

Machinate wrote:yes, but then what happens the next time he wants to know something?

We'll talk some years from now when you're a dad as well... the quick solution just isn't good enough ;-)
:lol:
If it weren't for your wife being pregnant, I would have seriouly taken offense to your sudden urge to teach parenting skills. :lol:

I grew up with 3 divorces... I know how to not *not* raise children :wink:

forge

Post by forge » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:48 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
Machinate wrote:yes, but then what happens the next time he wants to know something?

We'll talk some years from now when you're a dad as well... the quick solution just isn't good enough ;-)
If it weren't for your wife being pregnant, I would have seriouly taken offense to your sudden urge to teach parenting skills. :lol:

ooooh bitchfight!

trouble in paradise! :D

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:53 pm

Thanks for the reply!
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Shoden

Post by Shoden » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:18 pm

Thx for awnsering. Reallly hope it will be implemented for the final version 6. If not, I think ill switch to another sequencer.

thx
Alex

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:36 pm

forge wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:

ooooh bitchfight!

trouble in paradise! :D
When worlds collide

Forge, I'm using Emoticon's again to improve my image again <-- god this is getting old

ready

wait for it

wait for it

ready

:)
Ableton | Elektron

Music

TheAnimal

Post by TheAnimal » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:40 pm

Is it correct that the "master" clip groove is applied to midi clips as well as audio clips? (Sounds too good to be true.)
MacBook Pro, iMac i5, Fireface 800, Fireface 400

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:43 pm

TheAnimal wrote:Is it correct that the "master" clip groove is applied to midi clips as well as audio clips? (Sounds too good to be true.)
the "master" clip groove is applied to midi clips as well as audio clips.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

TheAnimal

Post by TheAnimal » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:07 pm

Machinate wrote:
TheAnimal wrote:Is it correct that the "master" clip groove is applied to midi clips as well as audio clips? (Sounds too good to be true.)
Wow!!! :D

And can the master clip groove easily be changed in the song, so that e.g. verse and chorus have a different groove, like a Police style? (I know, I'm getting a bit greedy now ... ;))

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:28 pm

TheAnimal wrote:
Machinate wrote:

And can the master clip groove easily be changed in the song, so that e.g. verse and chorus have a different groove, like a Police style? (I know, I'm getting a bit greedy now ... ;))
Yes. It can be changed like that. You'll get to try it in beta, I guess. Wait and see?
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

TheAnimal

Post by TheAnimal » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:55 am

Machinate wrote:
TheAnimal wrote:
Machinate wrote: the "master" clip groove is applied to midi clips as well as audio clips.

Yes. It can be changed like that. You'll get to try it in beta, I guess. Wait and see?
I'll simply have to! But I'm glad that that's not the motto of this thread ;) Thanks for the info!

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:23 am

sounds great -
now I'm waiting for the inevitable over-use by the Live users of the world.

A&R person : so I got your new track and it's very interesting, I guess you did it in Ableton Live ?

Tech-Breaks Person : er, yeah ... how did you know?

A&R person : because the damn timing is all over the f*ing place, what is this shuffle-hop-step for four bars then hop-shuffle-step-step! for gods sake quantize your damn track to straight sixteenths !!1!!1 etc.

TheAnimal

Post by TheAnimal » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:28 am

Angstrom wrote:what is this shuffle-hop-step for four bars then hop-shuffle-step-step! for gods sake

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:35 am

Its LegStep by DJ Clubfoot.

The Ibiza kids are all into it.