Live 6 review - part 1

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
plain

Post by plain » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:09 am

Silicon/Silicium wrote:Q: can you record automations in session clips now??
this one is realy needed for me, the only reason I could leave live4. I really hope it ll be possible, as it's a major feaure for impovisation.

why does nobody reply to this simple question?..i've already seen two posts about it.....because the answer is no?....i'd rather have this option than having the new "eic" library.....

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:11 am

plain wrote:
this one is realy needed for me, the only reason I could leave live4. I really hope it ll be possible, as it's a major feaure for impovisation.

why does nobody reply to this simple question?..i've already seen two posts about it.....because the answer is no?....i'd rather have this option than having the new "eic" library.....
its been answered.

Silicon/Silicium

Post by Silicon/Silicium » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:13 am

just seen the answer, so wait and see....

Snacktapus

Post by Snacktapus » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:19 am

Any word on groove templates in the new version???

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:28 am

what are the hot key improvements. i know the browser can be opened. but one thing i really want to be able to do is fit the loop range in the sample window to the full window.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:04 pm

nuperspective wrote:what are the hot key improvements. i know the browser can be opened. but one thing i really want to be able to do is fit the loop range in the sample window to the full window.
i may end up getting too busy to check it out, but i think theres some hope for you, i am fairly sure i read somewhere that the loop range or zones automatically stretch to fit or something like that...

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:07 pm

Well, as far as I have been told the answer is NO a great big NO

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=
Silicon/Silicium wrote:just seen the answer, so wait and see....
there is no "wait and see" on this, unless you are waiting to see whether Live 7 or 8 has it.

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:10 pm

Angstrom,

We are still in alpha

NOTHING is set in stone.

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:14 pm

Does Live 6 have safe solo ??????????????????????????????????????????
HA HA HA :twisted:

nz

Post by nz » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:21 pm

As far as flattening a track goes, it looks like from the demo movie that it replaces the midi information with the actual audio track. Does the original MIDI track remain somewhere or is it erased?

The MIDI track should still remain for further future editing or referencing.

Can you clarify?

Thanks!
MacBook Pro/Mac Mini
Ableton Live 10

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:21 pm

you can solo in Live 6.

and im pretty sure you can solo in all previous versions as well

:?

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:28 pm

sweetjesus wrote:
nuperspective wrote:what are the hot key improvements. i know the browser can be opened. but one thing i really want to be able to do is fit the loop range in the sample window to the full window.
i may end up getting too busy to check it out, but i think theres some hope for you, i am fairly sure i read somewhere that the loop range or zones automatically stretch to fit or something like that...
sssswweeettt!

it used to do it in version 4 but it got taken out. so it will be good if its back.

one thing i would like is to keep the highlighted / selected sample in view. if you fire a scene the waveform is deselected and needs to be activated again a hot key would be awesome as im having to use the mouse.

nz

Post by nz » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:33 pm

One last question regarding the browser:

Can I change the name of the file in the session and have it reflected in the brower or vice versa so that a file doesn't have one name in the session and another on my hard drive?

Thanks!
MacBook Pro/Mac Mini
Ableton Live 10

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:36 pm

mercyplease wrote:Does Live 6 have safe solo ??????????????????????????????????????????
mercyplease wrote:Does Live 6 have safe solo ??????????????????????????????????????????
HA HA HA :twisted:

loophead

Post by loophead » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:36 pm

YES !

Live 6 has the option of "Solo In Place" so any sends will also be active when you activate solo in a track.

You can also "disable send" so for example if you know that one send is not going to cascade into another you can on a per knob basis disable it saving CPU and possible live performance mistakes. Or if you know a particular track or tracks are not going to need to send to a particular send channel you can shut them of and grey-them-out.

Really guys the list of features does not come CLOSE to telling the tale of whats new here. There are just SO MANY workinflow improvements !

I was busy answering you man it takes time to type ! :lol:
Last edited by loophead on Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live 607 Mac G5 dual 2.0 Ghz w/ 3.5 gig ram
OS X 10.4.10, Motu 828mk2, c-thru axis, Too many plugins "detective chief superintendent"