my new midi controller, mostly clothed!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
astronmr20

Post by astronmr20 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:37 pm

Brilliant.

I read something recently about some guys putting together a midi controller that sensed hand movements in the air; sort of like on those roland things; but th einterface was actually in the air and visual with holograms. Obviously rather expensive and custom, but would bring performances to another level.
Steve

Metric Halo 2882, Dual 1.8G5, Logic, Ableton, UAD-1, Volumaxes, Sta-level

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:16 pm

astronmr20 wrote:Brilliant.

I read something recently about some guys putting together a midi controller that sensed hand movements in the air; sort of like on those roland things; but th einterface was actually in the air and visual with holograms. Obviously rather expensive and custom, but would bring performances to another level.
I dont know... That sounds more of a visual level, then a performance level..
Practicaly, hes spot on with this bass like interface. I have almost the same plans as he, actualy. Ive been drawing and planing for years, and I think this is the way to go. Im not a keybord player, nor do I wish to be, but im a synth lover, ant Live lover. So this is it for me.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:37 pm

Sorry about the lo-fi pix, but the cellphone camera is what I've got...

the whole thing, as much as would fit in the lens... it's actually closer to 4ft, not 3ft... (hey, at least I didn't do the Spinal Tap feet to inches thing)...

A closeup of the buttonboard...

The remaining thing I have to do is to put a guard over the rear circuit board (shown directly above). There are some fragile things on it. The buttonboard will be left as is, and the ribbon cables will hang out as is. Oh, yeh, and to put some hardware on to allow it to hang by strap.

Here is a brief excerpt from a jam I recorded last night...
http://www.utenzil.com/mp3/guitron-ikon1-07102006.mp3
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

John Sweet

Post by John Sweet » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:37 pm

Anybody fiending for a MIDI controller with a neck--I heard from Livid's hardware builder that they've got a new cousin of the Viditar coming out at NAMM. It's supposed to even have strings.