Run Windows XP inside OSX with Parallel

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Krugger

Post by Krugger » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:11 pm

No In Ableton I only get 2 outputs and 2 inputs (2 monos each)

The sound will come out of what you set as default output in the Mac OS sound settings.

Kr

Danny Futuro

Post by Danny Futuro » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:59 am

this shit sucks. it eats up too much cpu and ram. FL Studio cant even do 50%cpu usage without crackling and popping. better to just stick to bootcamp - its free.
Self-hating american.

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:46 am

er...bit of an unfair comparison dont you think?

bootcamp doesn't involve 2 OS running side by side - you're pushing an entire hardware spec to 1 single OS and yes, it'll perform like any computer should.

parallels software give the flexibility of 2 OS running at the same time and just like any virtual machine solution, you can't expect a full blown performance.

i think using it for plugins (that u cant get on your fav OS) or other utilities is fine as it'll get the job done.
but chucking a full FL Studio on it and expecting wonders would be a bit Alice In Wonderland

Kr.

Danny Futuro

Post by Danny Futuro » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:04 am

[quote="Krugger"]er...bit of an unfair comparison dont you think?

bootcamp doesn't involve 2 OS running side by side - you're pushing an entire hardware spec to 1 single OS and yes, it'll perform like any computer should.

parallels software give the flexibility of 2 OS running at the same time and just like any virtual machine solution, you can't expect a full blown performance.

i think using it for plugins (that u cant get on your fav OS) or other utilities is fine as it'll get the job done.
but chucking a full FL Studio on it and expecting wonders would be a bit Alice In Wonderland

Kr.[/quote

i guess you have a point(s) there. Still, I really was hoping I'd get to use my favorite DAW again, at full force no less. Maybe I'll keep it for convinience sake, as I only use FL to make loops for Live.
Self-hating american.