cueing 2 or more clips to record at once-? is this possible?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
glaciererrattics

cueing 2 or more clips to record at once-? is this possible?

Post by glaciererrattics » Mon May 22, 2006 4:05 am

I use live with a line 6 toneport and want my guitar and vocals to be recorded to seperate clips at the same time. I send my guitar to 1/2 and mic to 3/4 and arm 2 audio tracks. Is it possible to start recording 2 clips at once? Any advise would be great!

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Mon May 22, 2006 9:59 am

Yes, totally. Make sure in Preferences you have Record Arm Exclusive set to OFF, so you have the Rec arm buttons on both tracks in the red and ready to go.

To get both clips to record, assign them to qwerty or MIDI keys, and trigger both slots while their tracks are armed to record.

You can also trigger a Scene containing those slots and they will record too, as long as "Start Recording On Scene Launch" is set to ON.

BTW, both these settings are in Preferences > Misc > Behaviour.

HTH
MBP M1Max | Sonoma 14.4.1 | Live 12.0.1 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3T | A clump of controllers
Soundcloud
Ableton Certified Trainer

pheecoy

Post by pheecoy » Mon May 22, 2006 10:27 am

what you could do is go to preference>misc>behavior.

Once you're there, you should see that the Exclusive switch for Solo and Arm

are on (by default).

1.) Switch off exclusive for arm

2.) turn on Start Record on Launch

With these settings make you arm multiple tracks and record them simultaneously. When you launch a scene, all the armed tracks will start recording.

As to your issue with recording 2 audio tracks, perhaps you could configure this with your sound card and get the route it with Live (below the Stop button for each track) select the source of the vocal mic on one and the guitar line in on the other.

peace
live+reason