Recommend some FREE plug in downloads?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Mon May 22, 2006 2:43 am

OMFG you guys KILL me!!! Tons of groovy pluggos.

I'm still giddy over playing with Suppatrigga for the first time. I've read about it here but never went after it. That thing is my resident SEND A effect, for EVER.

So many great sites, where have I been???

It's probably time for arrange my .vst folder with directories.

Thanks!

glu

Post by glu » Mon May 22, 2006 3:11 am

SAME HERE!!! CAPS BECAUSE IM YELLING AT YOU ALL!!!!!

I am freaking out over here, crazy synthesizers, fx, hell, a free mellotron!!!!
I just connected the SL-25 to the korg triton for the first time! CRAZINESS!

8O :twisted:
See you guys in a few weeks :wink:
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

forge

Post by forge » Mon May 22, 2006 3:42 am

quandry wrote:
glu wrote:
quandry wrote:www.smartelectronix.com
have fun
quandry this site is awesome. thanks for the link. do you know of any specific plugs that live doesn't like, or which ones Live loves?

I am running on windows... not cool like spiderman running on windows though.
anyone here for that matter using any of these plugs with Live on a PC?
I'm windows pc to the core, and all smartelectronix plugs I've ever tried have worked flawlessly in Live, except livecut (which is still in beta). My favorites (in order) are livecut, supatrigger, dfx buffer override, supaphaser..scrubby and skidder can be fun too.

FORGE--have you ever had livecut cause wierd things to happen? I've put it on my master effects chain before, and assigned a few of my controller knobs to livecut, and more than once, my other master effects settings on other effect devices (knob positions, etc.) will all jump wildly to random positions and totally eff up my sound. I can't seem to figure out why livecut would do this, but I know it is livecut--I've performed scores of gigs with this same setup without livecut, and whenever I put it in and am having a fun time messing with it, this weird behavior happens, with it seemingly effecting well over then parameters on other effects in the chain, as if it were sending midi out to the other effects in the chain or something? Ever had this happen? I haven't had this problem with livecut on tracks where it is the only effect, so it seems to happen when livecut is part of an effects chain.

Ryan
Ryan

Livecut is solid and I've played with it live with no probs

BUT - if you use the on/off button to operate it I do get probs because it might take time to get the signal then process it

the solution is the "utility trick" on the sends

create 2 return tracks and on the 2nd one put a Utility plug-in with the invert preset to phase invert

then put livecut on the 1st return and set the send of the 2nd return (with utility on it) to the one with live cut on it - so the utility is sending 100% to livecut

then on the track you want livecut to work on turn up the send to 100% to the return with utility on it

basically what this does is sends to utility which phase cancels the signal so you get silence, then sends the signal to livecut so livecut works on the inverted signal which of course sounds the same to you

then you can set the sends on the tracks you want to effect to keys on your computer keyboard so that they go from 0-100% in one button press

for example, in my live set I have 4 group tracks acting as four master channels on a DJ mixer A,B,C,D - then I have all my tracks of clips routed to one of each - in order so I know whats what

then on each of the group tracks the send that is going to the utility track I have assigned z,x,c,v so if I want to run livecut on track A then I hit z and so on.

I also have set up the same with Gltich which I've put on the same return as livecut and set B,N as their respective on/off switches so if I want to use glitch instead of livecut on the particular tune then I hit the B & N keys at the same time to turn one of and the other on, then I still use z,x,c,v on the tracks

although last night I was playing round with just assining a,s,d,f to livecut and z,x,c,v to glitch and leaving them both on - but I'm not sure yet if I prefer it that way - I kind of like not having them both switched on at the same time just for CPU and stability etc - although I havent had problems

I actually saved this setup as my template now so I can use my UC-33 straight away like I do live but for producing - so as soon as I start on a tune right away I have control via the UC-33 of volume and EQ over 4 master tracks right away.

err_fatale

Post by err_fatale » Mon May 22, 2006 5:01 am

for the past few weeks i have been using Synth1, a nord emulation:
http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/

cool drum synth DRUMATIC:
http://www.e-phonic.com/plugins/drumatic3.php

a really great sound analog emulation Mvf2b, try it for a minute with some FX:

http://www.mvxsynths.galeon.com/#downloads

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Mon May 22, 2006 5:19 am

anyone know where i can get a really nice sounding dj eq for os x?
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

err_fatale

Post by err_fatale » Mon May 22, 2006 5:23 am

or if you really feel adventurous, try this!:

X-Wheel of Fortune

http://www.hgf-synthesizer.de/

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Mon May 22, 2006 5:27 am

glu wrote:
FaX-01 wrote:
glu wrote: quandry this site is awesome. thanks for the link. do you know of any specific plugs that live doesn't like, or which ones Live loves?

I am running on windows... not cool like spiderman running on windows though.
anyone here for that matter using any of these plugs with Live on a PC?

Well I put all the SMEX Iopolong links in my post and yes I use a huge number of SMEX plugs the MDSP range are very good also etc and they are all very solid in operation on PC BTW .
hey Fax-01, thanks! I posted that before even getting to your post, then I spent an hour with your links! Thanks for the recommendations. I made a folder titled Fax01 recommendations! so I know to install those first to play with.. THanks!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

ciw

Post by ciw » Mon May 22, 2006 11:38 am

Shapee, available here:

http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~jjw100/mp3 ... m#Plug-ins

Like a vocoder but so much better, you can morph seamlessly from one sound to another.
I like it anyway.

elt.net

Post by elt.net » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:20 pm

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:28 pm

Automat.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams