UC-33e. Shows 2 audio devices in Live.

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Green Antidote

UC-33e. Shows 2 audio devices in Live.

Post by Green Antidote » Thu May 04, 2006 10:39 pm

On Active devices in live i have:
Fast Track Pro Midi In (soundcard)
Usb Audio Device (uc-33e)
Usb Audio Device [2] (------ What is this?

It happend after i installed uc-33e.
I cant find this device in controll panel either.
Is the uc-33e supposed to be a standard Usb Audio Device in live preferences?

The uc-33e works fine, but that extra device bugs me.

maxstradamus

Post by maxstradamus » Fri May 05, 2006 2:18 am

i googled around and my understanding is that the other usb device is for controlling an external device (mixer for example). UC-33 can also act as a midi to usb interface.

Which brings me to my question. I just recently hooked up a xone:92 mixer through midi-in in uc-33 and now it's supposed to control both devices (xone:92 and uc-33) The only problem is that i'm not getting any repsonse from the xone and i don't know where the problem is, uc-33 or ableton?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dj_statikfire

Post by dj_statikfire » Fri May 05, 2006 1:28 pm

think of it as one device for the uc-33e itself, and the second device actually being the MIDI thru

THX,
JD
www.statikfire.com
- downloads for club dee jays and internet radio stations
- forum with articles on mixing

maxstradamus

Post by maxstradamus » Sun May 07, 2006 1:17 am

dj_statikfire wrote:think of it as one device for the uc-33e itself, and the second device actually being the MIDI thru

THX,
JD
i do think of it this way but my computer seems to be having a totally different understaning of the interface concept...
anyways, i bought m-audio's midi-to-usb interface (uno) and everything seems to be working fine. i still would like to figure out how to use xone through uc-33e but this turns out to be more challenging than i expected

thanks for your help JD