question about skins and clip colours

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
womoma

question about skins and clip colours

Post by womoma » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:19 am

Hey.

Lives skins arent ideal for DJing because the waveform and the "now time marker" are too similar in their dark colours on most of the skins. Actually, "dawn" is practically the only worthwhile skin for DJing.

I recently was lookin at a movie tutorial from www.abletonlivedj.com and the background to the waveform was the same as the clip colour. He was using Live 4. Is this something that has changed in Live 5?

I really hope future versions of Live allow more options for colour coding for the user. Id especially welcome an option to change the colour of the waveform. Ideally though, the "now time" marker would automatically be an inverted colour to that of the waveform, as is the case in so many other audio apps.

j0shu@

Post by j0shu@ » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:23 am

How to Add extra Skins to Live:

http://www.abletonlivedj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133

maybe this can help?

womoma

Post by womoma » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:10 am

funnily enuff i was on of those people who decoded the live skin files and created my own skins... only problem is, I still cant find the part of the code which controls the clour of the waveform!

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:35 am

womoma wrote:funnily enuff i was on of those people who decoded the live skin files and created my own skins... only problem is, I still cant find the part of the code which controls the clour of the waveform!
In v.4 the waveformcolor changed with the color of the clip, in 5 it´s fixed to the skin.
But there are some others wich work too, I use mono 20 at the moment, I like the coloured layout and the not so dark waveform.
The only thing wich it lacks is that it´s difficult to see if a device is on or off, the on buttons are held in a green colour wich makes not enough contrast to a switched off button.
Is it possible by decompiling the skin to change only the colour of the buttons?
If you could do that you would be the man!

Greetings
MBP 15,4" 2,53GHz C2D 4Gb late 2008 / Mac OS X.6.2 / Novation Remote 37SL Compact / TriggerFinger / FaderfoxDJ2 / Padkontrol / UC33 / SM Audio TB202 / Audiofire2 / Apogee Duet / Event OPAL's / HD25 /